Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

A23 Won't Send Videos On Messenger

(Topic created on: 13-03-2023 08:47 PM)
Marsden1979
Journeyman
Options

I've read a ton of fixes all over the place, including here, and none of those fixes apply. My wife and I just got an A23 each, and neither of us can send videos through Messenger. No, it's not the file size, or the data, or the WiFi. Never had this problem with a phone before. I'm seeing where you should click the 3 dots in the corner of messages, but there aren't any. That's just one issue of many I've had with this phone, but I won't complain about those because I'm sure there's no fix for those either.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Marsden1979
Journeyman
Options

My wife said she just tried sending one and got an error that said it has to be under a certain size, which wasn't the error I got. She got hers to work. This is the first time I've gotten an error that didn't say what the problem was, just that it couldn't be sent. Another flaw, but at least I CAN send videos now. I haven't tried, but if she can do it I'm assuming I can too.

View solution in context

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
Okani
Apprentice
Options

If you mean the default messaging app, then try to use Google messages, I think it's better 

0 Likes
Marsden1979
Journeyman
Options

No, I mean Facebook Messenger. I can't send videos with anything, including the default messages app, but Messenger is where I share videos.

0 Likes
Okani
Apprentice
Options

Have you given messenger permission to your storage ? 

0 Likes
Marsden1979
Journeyman
Options

Yes. I can send pictures just fine.

0 Likes
Marsden1979
Journeyman
Options

I knew this wouldn't have an answer. Samsung wants people to have less control over what they do with the phones they pay for. I'm going back to a flip phone.

0 Likes
AntS
Options

It's an odd one,  @Marsden1979 . I'm a little confused as what you mean by the three dots in the corner of messages though. Are you using the Facebook Messenger app on your phone? If so,  do you see something like this at the bottom when you go into one of the chats:

Screenshot_20230315_130730_Messenger_02.jpg

I've highlighted the Gallery icon there, which, when clicked, should in theory allow you to choose from pictures and videos saved in your phone's Gallery. 

0 Likes
Marsden1979
Journeyman
Options

I'm confused too. The article I read said to go to the messages app and hit the three buttons, and there are none. And yes, I know how to access photos and videos in Messenger. I've been doing it for years and never had this problem with any other phone, which I said. I can send pictures just fine, but videos won't send. The title and entire first post I made says my phone won't send videos through Messenger. My Samsung Galaxy A23 5G phone.

0 Likes
Solution
Marsden1979
Journeyman
Options

My wife said she just tried sending one and got an error that said it has to be under a certain size, which wasn't the error I got. She got hers to work. This is the first time I've gotten an error that didn't say what the problem was, just that it couldn't be sent. Another flaw, but at least I CAN send videos now. I haven't tried, but if she can do it I'm assuming I can too.

0 Likes