Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A23 not starting after latest update!!!

(Topic created on: 2 weeks ago)
trini76ster
Apprentice
Options

After an update last week, the A23 phone wont start. Nothing seems to work, it is completely dead.

SAMSUNG, what's going on with the phone and your update?????

82 REPLIES 82
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @trini76ster   May seem obvious but firstly are you sure there was sufficient charge? Try pressing and holding the Power and Volume Down Buttons simultaneously for around 7 seconds(may need to give it a bit longer)   to see if the Device will restart. otherwise are you able to start in Safe Mode https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-start-my-galaxy-device-in-safe-mode/  or get into the Recovery Mode to restart.

To enter Recovery Mode:

May need to Connect To Computer or other Device , Press and hold the Volume Up key and then press and hold the Power key.   When the Android logo displays, release both keys.  can restart or wipe cache partition from here (which is recommended after updates).

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
trini76ster
Apprentice
Options

Hi, i have tried, all possible means of starting the device, including leaving it to charge, nothing works. The charger is in good working condition, even tried another charger, the phone shows no sign of it being connected to the charger. Usb connection to a PC does not work. The last thing done was the update, the phone turned off to restart and never came back on. There are several other persons in Trinidad who are having the same problem with the A23.

Rianna Caesar
First Poster
Options

My A23 wont chare either come on after update is this something that can be fixed?

Straight6Petrol
Journeyman
Options
Same as the S series phones, surely Samsung aren't bricking phones on purpose? How can an update cause so much issue across so many devices!
Muhammad Uzair
Student
Options

Same thing happened with me, its DEAD after latest update was installed. i tried restarting and it never came back.... 

samgalaxyA23
Journeyman
Options

I have a galaxy A23 and its bricked entirely no response after latest update.  Samsung please advice on repair. 

mramps
Apprentice
Options

Is Samsung doing anything about this at all?

WheissRS
Student
Options

My A52 did some weird stuff 3 weeks ago after update, first loop restarting, after that audio issues, brought to a repair shop and talked to the manager, after like 2 weeks he said there is a wave of samsung phones coming into his and other known shops, most of them A23's all of them dead bricked not even turning on anymore, mine fixed itself in the store in a couple of days but looks like it's not the case for these others, so yeah good luck and hopefully Samsung will acknowledge this and bring some kind of refund. I bought a A23 a year ago to my mother and as the repair shop owner suggested i already disabled to auto download updates on wifi just in case it wants to update and brick itself.

0 Likes
Arman Sahadeo
First Poster
Options

What was the update patch level?

0 Likes