Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A14

(Topic created on: 04-04-2023 06:49 AM)
Leni
Journeyman
Options
Bought a14 last week, set it all up including a screen lock. After a few hours the phone didn't recognise my screen pattern and permanently locked me out. After several calls between Samsung and the retailer i purchased it from i ended up getting a replacement......
I was reluctant to use another screen lock but set one up anyway..... the exact thing happened again! Luckily this time i had enabled remote unlock so was able to unlock the screen. 
This isn't me forgetting my password or pattern, this is the phone not recognising it! The retailer is refusing to refund me as I've already replaced once and samsung aren't bothered either even though this is clearly a fault with their software. 
Also, i can't watch netflix on the phone. I can install it and choose a show but it either shows an error message or crashes the phone. 
Anyone else having problems?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
toxicwaster
First Poster
Options
Have had this issue with multiple customers today. Seems it has happened after an update. A soft reset (hold vol down and power) seems to fix it for those who already had a pin set. For those who didn't and are now faced with a locked phone, so far are sol.

View solution in context

8 REPLIES 8
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

That's an unfortunate set of events @Leni 

Put the phone in Safe Mode and then see what happens.

Hiw to is explained here > Safe Mode  > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-start-my-galaxy-device-in-safe-mode/ turns off downloaded apps and themes etc which may highlight an app or theme that's causing conflict. 

Another good troubleshooting guide is Clearing the phone's System Partition Cache Files Section.

This is explained here > Clear Cache Files from the phone's System Partition Section  > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/ You may need to insert your earphones or hook upto a powered On Laptop to access the Clear Partition Section. This may help with lag or stutters as this clears the phone of old/unused or broken cache files.There is also a Repair Apps option in the Menu System too. 

Check the retailers Terms and Conditions of Sale to see what they state in the small print so you know where you stand.

You also have the Consumer-Rights-Act-2015 that suppors both you and the merchant.

I haven't had issues with my phone even though it's mines a different model that shouldn't matter.

The feature is supplied and so should work as advertised.

In regards to Netflix check the Terms of use in the Playstore information to ensure your phone hardware and software reaches the criteria needed.

If it does try > Settings > Apps > Choose the App > Storage > Clear Cache and if absolutely necessary Clear Data and then see what happens.

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Leni
Journeyman
Options
Thank you for your reply. I have already checked netflix in regards to compatibility, as well as calling their customer service and this phone in theory does support the app. I have cleared the cache, data... nothing. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled the app with no success. I will certainly look into your other suggestions however. Its so frustrating as i purchased this model due to it having nfc so i could use Google pay, without a screen lock i won't risk linking my debit card therefore making my choice void! Im hoping if it is a software issue (seems likely considering how many people are having the same problem) samsung release an update ASAP.
I have used Samsung for years and this is the first time i have ever regretted my choice so hopefully it will get sorted out soon
Solution
toxicwaster
First Poster
Options
Have had this issue with multiple customers today. Seems it has happened after an update. A soft reset (hold vol down and power) seems to fix it for those who already had a pin set. For those who didn't and are now faced with a locked phone, so far are sol.
Leni
Journeyman
Options
I wondered if it was due to the update that this happened. Im scared to set another pin just in case i get locked out again. I've been lucky that I've been home with access to another device on the previous occasions. However, i may try your suggestion in doing a soft reset and see what happens. In the long run though, im hoping if enough people report this issue samsung will take notice and get it fixed. Thanks for taking the time to reply 🙂
0 Likes
KestutisB1
First Poster
Options

Same issue here. Phone lock pattern changed by itself and phone was locked permanently. It's a 5day old phone and became completely unusable. The new Android update has this bug. 

0 Likes
Leni
Journeyman
Options
Im sorry to hear you've had problems also. When i called samsung they advised me to try remote unlock. If that doesnt work my advice is to contact samsung, they will give you a customer reference so that you can return the phone and get a replacement. The latest software update for android seems to have fixed the issue (i updated a little over 24 hours ago and so far everything seems to be working ok) so dont lose hope there is finally a light at the end of the tunnel!
Pooriya N
First Poster
Options

My phone also encountered this problem after updating to the new version of Android and UI, and for now I have to use alternative lock screen programs until the next version is released by Samsung.

0 Likes
Leni
Journeyman
Options

It's shocking that this problem has happened with a new device. I still have the phone and have a passcode on it which is working ok. I am unable to use the fingerprint however, as this seems to cause the issue in my case. 

0 Likes