Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A 54 - No SMS notification?

(Topic created on: 20-04-2023 06:22 PM)
Members_Kedde
Student
Options

Hey guys, I'm having this annoying issue where I get notifications from other persons, BUT I'm not getting any notification when I try to set up Facebook Messenger, for instance. The text on-screen says that a validation code has been sent to my phone, but I never get any SMS.

I know, it sounds like they have the wrong phone number, but I've triple checked and there is no doubt that the country code and phone number is correct.

It is the same on all services that I use two step verification. Discord, Authenticators  - it is always the same when a service from abroad needs my number., which they already have.

I bought the A54 yesterday, and have tried everything that I can think of. Upon initial installment, I used Smart Switch to import my stuff, but I didn't get any Verification code when trying to set things up. 

I've tried factory rest and not import my stuff but it's no use. Is it the A54 that broken or could it be some setting? I don't know anymore, I'm sick and tired of this *****.

Some kind of assistance would be very much appreciated. Thank you!

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
keith30
Maestro
Options
Speak with your phone provider as it may be due to your settings and look at your settings on the device incase it's not enabled.
Members_Kedde
Student
Options

Thank you for your reply!

If I may, I wonder what setting it is that isn't enabled?

0 Likes
Members_Kedde
Student
Options

No, my phone provider couldn't help me.  I was told to return it. OK, but I didn't want to do that. So, after some fiddling I finally got it to work. I reinstalled the affected apps.  Sometimes the obvious is hard to see.

Thanks for your help, Keith.

0 Likes