Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Health removed Map Activity Tracking?

(Topic created on: 20-09-2022 01:17 PM)
Cosmicdust
Apprentice
Options

I have a Samsung Galaxy Smartwatch, and have been using the Samsung Health app for several years now. Up until a few months ago, when I would walk or run the app would track via GPS my route and show a map connected to the relevant activity. When was this removed, or if it's hidden how do I get it back?

36 REPLIES 36
Ventor
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Cosmicdust Hello, if you have activated the synchronization with Samsung account, your data must be in the cloud. Greetings.

"The quieter you become-the more you are able to hear..."

0 Likes
Cosmicdust
Apprentice
Options

It's not the data, there is no map anymore. Where did the map function go?

AndrewL
Options

@Cosmicdust: Can you confirm which watch you have, and the make/model of the phone you have it synced to? 

0 Likes
Cosmicdust
Apprentice
Options

GALAXY WATCH SM-R800

GALAXY S21 ULTRA 5G SM-G998U

Samsung Health app is updated regularly. 

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Cosmicdust: Please open the Samsung Health app on your Galaxy Watch > Exercise > Workout > Running (as an example) > If you're prompted to allow Samsung Health access to the Location Permission, tap the tick > From the Running menu, scroll down to Location (On) > High Accuracy. Scroll back up to the top, and make sure that the GPS icon is solid, and not flashing, as this will indicate that it is ready to start tracking your location when you start the exercise. 

If you encounter any issues with activating the Location option, head to Settings > Connections > Location, and tap to activate. 

0 Likes
Chambos
Student
Options
I have just been for abike ride and used my Galaxy Watch 4 to track myself. I wanted to share my route on FB but when I do from my phone, the image of thr map is just a green screen. I can show the map but it's just lines with no village names etc on it... any ideas anyone? Or just more rubbish from Samsung?Screenshot_20220807-130336_Samsung Health_15059_1659873828.jpg
VA88
Journeyman
Options

I dont even see this... I can't see the map or any map ... 

VA88
Journeyman
Options

Hi Andrew,

I got a Galaxy Watch5 and I am struggling with the same issue (that I can't see the map) when I did a walk for example. Could you maybe give me the instructions how to fix it? I already gave the Samsung Health app on my phone and watch all the permissions for the location etc. but I've noticed that the GPS symbol on my watch is flashing and not solid, can you help me with the Galaxy Watch5? 

cent0909
First Poster
Options

My map tracking has also been removed. I checked all location settings and made sure it is set on my Galaxy 4 Watch. Ever since there was an update on my Watch recently, that feature is gone. Not sure what do.