Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What on EARTH is going on with my T7 SSD? It won't work with my A52S now.

(Topic created on: 28-07-2023 07:46 AM)
Pianistinator
Apprentice
Options

I was told by Apple (because the SSD was working on Mac, then after adding 200gb of holiday photos and videos it wasn't being recognised) to format the drive to APFS.

So I did, works fine now! 

But it now no longer works on my Android phone. So what on Earth can I do? Ex-fat seems to mess up with Mac Ventura 13.5, for some reason the SSD was showing as "master boot record" when it's never touched a windows PC until yesterday just to transfer files to a spare HDD.  It was working on my android with SD card transfers for weeks away, and on my Mac before. Then it just worked on my phone and Windows PC. The Mac recognised it but couldn't use it as storage, and it only showed in Disk Utility.

Thanks!

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
Neo001
Legend
Options

APFS is an apple proprietary format and will not work with Windows or Android. ExFAT should work with all 3 OSes.

If there is an issue with ExFAT on Mac, then best to try the Apple forum.

adiminj12345
Journeyman
Options
Log out of your profile and then log in
0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Mac suck they always trying to have own format and not compatible with anyone else
Pianistinator
Apprentice
Options

Didn't work.

0 Likes
Alaska Tribe
First Poster
Options

Such a ln excellent addition to the conversation 

0 Likes
Alaska Tribe
First Poster
Options

Not sure if you got this working or not but exFAT works fine on current OS. You can also use any format you like if you add Paragon’s s software. Reasonable price and not a subscription 

it allows Mac’s to read anything; NTFS, FAT32, any format Windows uses or used (on a legacy device you are trying to access) and vice versa, it allows Windows to read and write to APFS, OSX Jounaled, etc. I’m not affiliated but I’ve owned their software since 2006 and it’s still the best if you want to go between computers. I don’t know if it’s available on Android. Saw your question and thought I’d share my experience. 

Truth is that everyone’s using their own formats and APFS is extremely fast, efficient, a GodSend to SSD/NAND/M.2 storage taking SMART Trim to an entirely new level. 
it’s very stable, almost twice the speed of exFAt and has and to end encryption so very well protected 

I’d look to see if they make - disregard, I just did and they DO!

They make the software for your Android to R/W to your APFS/Journaled Mac drives and the other way round. 

sorry for the late response 

Link in GPlay

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.paragon.tcplugins_ntfs_ro&hl=en_US&gl=US

0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Is it not true that it would be a better if we all followed the same standard instead of all having different ones? For instance USB C, now we can all use the same charger? No need for lots of different cables?
0 Likes