Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unsupported HDMI 2.1 with PS5 on Samsung G8 NEO 32' Monitor

(Topic created on: 20-10-2023 11:23 AM)
Crimea
Student
Options

Hi, maybe someone know that issue?

Monitor Samsung G8 NEO 32' Monitor, full model name: LS32BG850NPXEN , firmware version is: M-B853GGZA-1007.0 ,

So situation is next on PS5 don't support VVR. Also on monitor Input signal HDMI available is 1.4 or 2.0(arrow up), so in menu no available stay HDMI 2.1 .

Also try to found latest firmware for that monitor, but on official web site no information about firmware.

fr_12195_size880.jpg

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Rippers
Pioneer
Options

Hi, are you using a hdmi 2.1 cable? 

0 Likes
Crimea
Student
Options

Yeah I use default HDMI cable from PS5, as I know it's should be 2.1 HDMI.

0 Likes
Rippers
Pioneer
Options
OK, I am using a hmd2.1 for my pc and mine also says 2.0 arrow up. I am getting max resolution and 240hz with the cable. All working as it should.
0 Likes
NarsEsp
First Poster
Options

Hi. 

If you haven't solved your problem yet try the following:

"In the OSD menu the ‘adaptive-sync’ option actually gets called ‘FreeSync Premium Pro’ when you’re using the HDMI 2.1 input which is strange. Only once this is enabled in the menu do you have access to the VRR and ALLM functions in the menu for the Xbox Series X. As far as we know the screen will support HDMI-VRR as well as FreeSync over HDMI, although unfortunately we do not have a PS5 to be able to check. With the Xbox Series X we can’t tell whether it’s using HDMI-VRR or FreeSync when that function is enabled in the menu."

Source: https://tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/samsung-odyssey-neo-g8

Let me know if it helped. Thank you. 

0 Likes
QuantumCoffee
First Poster
Options

In my experience that is false. I'm using neo g8 with my ps5 with vrr on and it still show 'adaptive sync' in the menu. I had also problem with turning vrr on and for me solution was to set refresh rate to 120hz, if you set it on 240hz it won't work.

Btw. the ps5 hdmi cable is 100% compatible and the arrow up means 2.0 and higher, so that include 2.1 as well.

0 Likes