Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

U32J590UQR Power issues UJ59 Series

(Topic created on: 04-12-2022 02:52 PM)
osaeris
Student
Options

This monitor has a strange power setup. I have it plugged into my Macbook Pro in desktop configuration via usb-c > Displayport cable. When I shutdown my Mac the monitor appears to switch off, then wakes up every few minutes looking for sources. When it fails to find one (even if I set use manual source selection in the menu) it shuts down again. It is impossible to access the menu when it wakes up to properly power off the monitor since the source seek time is so short (2-3 seconds).

If I power off the monitor from the monitor menu first it's impossible to shut down the computer because you can't see the screen! You would need to click shutdown then quickly load the monitor menu and select power off to be able to do this!

Surely it should be possible to access the monitor menu when there are no active sources to allow it to be switched off properly?

This must be a simple firmware fix for a company such as Samsung ?

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
osaeris
Student
Options

Yes Chris there is a solution. My wife’s ultra wide Samsung can be shut down by holding the power button for more than 5 seconds. This works on mine so I’m happy about that. The facility was there it was just a case of finding it!

View solution in context

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @osaeris 

Did you manage to find a fix or a workaround for this?

0 Likes
Solution
osaeris
Student
Options

Yes Chris there is a solution. My wife’s ultra wide Samsung can be shut down by holding the power button for more than 5 seconds. This works on mine so I’m happy about that. The facility was there it was just a case of finding it!

0 Likes