Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung returned my new Laptop with a crack

(Topic created on: 3 weeks ago)
SabsS8
Journeyman
Options
Hello Community

Up until now Samsung have been great but this could be the turning point for me personally.

I sent my brand new laptop for a repair because there was issues with the Brightness buttons. However upon its return the screen had scratches on it which looks malicious as its not even a cracked but a scratch from the top of the screen to the button. I believe it was done by the repair engineers so that they could charge me to repair the screen as its not covered by my warranty as its physical damage. Just got on the phone with them and they said I need to pay for it. It was in pristine condition when I sent it off.

Been with Samsung for around 10 years but honestly with this poor customer service maybe my time has come to an end.

Has anyone else had this situation where they sent their device and it comes back damaged and they have the audacity to charge you to repair the damage they caused. I know I have seen a video online where Samsung Engineers deliberately damage products to void warranty.

Sabin
(Loyal Samsung Customer)

2 REPLIES 2
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Sorry to hear, I find the 3rd party repairs pure money grabbers and shoddy repairs, Likewize and First ??? before that.

My own recent experience was two attempts to repair my ZFold4, scammed me for some extra scuffs, but bodged the front screen, the issue was the inner screen.

Anyway I was not letting them have it a 3rd time, currently requested a Barclaycard charge back so I can repair elsewhere.

It's always best to take videos and close up photos before and after if an issue. That way it's evidence based.
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
lealuna
Journeyman
Options
I ve had the same with my phone I told photo and video before hand and it saws there are no dents on the bottom of the phone but samsung are saying there is and are doing nothing about it
0 Likes