Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Magician 8.0 does not work

(Topic created on: 04-10-2023 11:14 AM)
Ukrnet
First Poster
Options

New Samsung Magician 8.0 not installed (after install process samsung services start to load my comp processor and nothing happens futher).

After kind of installation, Magician interface not loading at all.

it's not working properly on my Win 11 and I reverted to 7.3.0

No previous versions of the program had such problems before!

Please fit it.

21 REPLIES 21
MarioBianchi1
Student
Options

I have had the same problem, it happened while updating, "Magician has encountered an error and cannot continue.  Press OK to launch the application again or cancel to quit.  I tried both options neither worked.  I tried to uninstall and install a clean version same error.

aurum79
Journeyman
Options

Same problem.   I have a 990 Pro SSD I paid big bucks for.  Samsung needs to fix this!

mmja
Student
Options

Same issue here. First I thought it was an issue with Malwarebytes Antimalware, but apparently it is not.

I have terrible problems, since Samsung Magician did not want to uninstall! I had to manually kill the service and processes, then run uninstall, finally delete remaining files. After this forcefull uninstall I reinstalled and still it didnt work - but after reinstall I have been able to uninstall it nicely without any additional tricks.

I have Window10 latest.

0 Likes
JoeHardy
Student
Options

I might as well say I have the same problem. What a pain. Untested software. At first I thought it was MalwareBytes but after uninstalling MB I still expewrience very strange problems. I can't even rever to 7.3. What a mess. 

mmja
Student
Options

Yep, "Samsung_Magician_Installer_Official_7.3.0.1100" works like charm. The issue IS with Samsung Magician 8.0 version!

OLLI_S
First Poster
Options

I see the Samsung Magican icon in the system tray, but when I try to open the app, nothing happens.
Also when I restart my PC I can not start it.

I have Magican 8 installed in Windows 11 Pro x64

FabianBer
Journeyman
Options

I have the same problem.

I installed Magician 8 on my Samsung Galaxy Book 3 Pro 360 and have the same problem.

I had no other version installed before on that device.

As I did not get it to work I uninstalled it for now.

For me it looks like a GPU problem as for the 7.3 version but the "–disable-gpu-sandbox" does not work in this case.

aurum79
Journeyman
Options

Good news. I got Samsung magician 8 working under Windows 11 in the following way:

I installed Samsung magician 8 update and let it fail. I then used free autoruns 64 to stop the running Samsung magician processes.

I turned off the auto start function for Samsung magician in Windows.

I rebooted.

Then I put a link on my desktop to the actual Samsung magician exe file in the folder where it was installed on the desktop.

When I run the application from this link everything works just fine.

0 Likes
aurum79
Journeyman
Options

I have latest Samsung Magician 8 working on Windows 11.   Here is what I did:  Install Samsung Magician.   Turn off autostart option after installation has completed (Options button).   Delete the link to the app the install placed on the desktop.  Change your windows system PATH variable to include the new Samsung Director (C:\Program Files (x86)\Samsung\Samsung Magician).   This is done by right clicking on the Start Button, Selecting System from the context menu, choosing Advanced System Settings, going to the Advanced tab, clicking Environment Variables, Clicking on the variable called "Path", then "Edit", selecting "New" and adding the path above.  Then add a link to the SamsungMagician.exe app in this folder to your desktop.  The problem is stupid -- Samsung Magician can't find its own directory.   REBOOT.   Magician SHOULD NOT AUTOSTART.   Then start Magician with the link you created every time you boot (or set this link to autostart if you know how).  Works every time!

0 Likes