Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Book2 Pro i7/16GB WINS - vs i5 vs Book2 i5 vs Macbook AIr M2 vs Dell MEWS vs Dell 7440 i7 32GB

(Topic created on: 2 weeks ago)
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

A bit of a long-winded title so I will make the post concise.

The Samsung Book2 Pro i7/16GB is the best, if you can pick up one and are gentle with laptops, it is amazing.

Over the past two years, i just used my work laptop, a high-end Dell MEWS 17", a proper power beast, but super heavy, i guess a clue in its name Workstation, but using as a pure laptop, the screen quality and general build was horrible.

I then purchased a Samsung Book2 i5/8GB (personal and occasional work use), and quickly jumped to the Book2 Pro i5/8GB, for me the AMOLED screen and impossibly thin, light build was the clincher, as well as better battery life and power management tools.

I then trialled a MacBook Air M2 as a work laptop, in summary display was not for may, way too much reflection and as a Microsoft user a disaster.

I patiently watched the Book3 Pro and then the Book4 Pro and Ultra, all too heavy vs the Book2 Pro, so in the end I purchased the Book2 Pro i7/16GB, a keeper for me (personal and occasional work use).

Then on Wednesday, i upgraded my work laptop to a Dell 7440 i7/32GB, yes the display is smaller than my Book2 Pro 15.6", but again the quality of the display, and build was dreadful.

Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
2 REPLIES 2
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Obsydian  Good to see a few  comparisons in real life use ,some obviously more impressive than others :smiling-face:

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Yeah I do actually like the Samsung bloatware, it's actually useful, but for a laptop screen quality is no1 and AMOLED rules.

That said if I had never used an AMOLED laptop I would have never known. Yes they are not 4K, but I still prefer AMOLED and its power benefits.
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]