Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions I have about the Galaxy Books

(Topic created on: 17-02-2024 07:48 PM)
EcoBubbleUser944
Pathfinder
Options
Hi all,

I recently came across what appears to be a great deal from Currys. A Galaxy Book 4 Pro 360 (512GB/16GB) and a Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra (128GB/8GB).

Getting two things for £1,799 is a great deal. Better than Samsung's deal with the Tab S9 FE because that would be an upgrade and a downgrade since I have a Tab S8 right now. Water and dust resistance would be an upgrade, but the slightly smaller screen and processor would be a downgrade. That's why I like the promotion Currys is offering right now more.

I have a few questions about the Galaxy Book and was hoping if I could get answers to. That would be greatly appreciated. 

1) Does the trackpad get in the way when typing? It looks massive and so I was wondering if the laptop comes with palm rejection software or something similar. 

2) Burn in... Is this rare or common on the Galaxy Books? It's an expensive thing I'm after, so I'd want it to last about the usual 5-7 years. If I switch the screen off when I'm not using it, is it possible to get very few (if any) issues down the line?

3) Are they reliable? I noticed that Samsung only provides a 1 year guarantee with them. I know Macbooks aren't different, but are there more unreliable parts on the Samsung laptops than the tablets maybe?

They appear to be very good laptops so I wouldn't think there are many issues, but it would still be nice to hear from users.
Many thanks
4 REPLIES 4
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Wow thanks I am looking at the Book4 Pro, not keen on the 360, but need to have a hands on, as I love my Book2 Pro it's impossibly thin and light.

I have the S8 Ultra a total beast, the FE I always thought the cheaper budget models.

1. Trackpad, yes but I found the same with a Macbook
2. No its OLED and even mine has a cool dimming non active areas
3. Not much to go wrong, but yes 1 year is poor

My advice and I gave up my S8 Ultra to my son, was the Book series integration with Windows is awesome add nearly all Samsung apps run a laptop version, only the gallery app is a let down syncing, but Microsoft Photos is great.
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
EcoBubbleUser944
Pathfinder
Options
Thank you very much! My Tab S8 is a bit too small for my liking so the S8 Ultra will be amazing to have. Nice bright screen too.

I have one final question and hope you don't mind: Is it best to get anti virus or is the Windows one good enough?
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I had the free 3 mths of McAfee then just carried on with Windows Defender
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
EcoBubbleUser944
Pathfinder
Options
That's pretty good. I don't plan on visiting suspicious websites so I should be fine then. Thank you so much for the help
0 Likes