Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nvme 980 pro 2tb PS5

(Topic created on: 02-02-2023 11:06 AM)
TrebleTA
First Poster
Options
So I got a 2tb 980 pro with heatsink for my playstation 5. I have read there is a issue with the device and needs a Firmware update. How do I do this on a playstation 5?
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
HootleTootle
Voyager
Options
Plug it in to a computer
0 Likes
TrebleTA
First Poster
Options
Dont have one, that supports it.
0 Likes
TrebleTA
First Poster
Options
So I guess I'll wait till some serial numbers of the faulty products or just RMA?
0 Likes
HootleTootle
Voyager
Options
Have you got a friend or a local computer shop that could do it for you? The only way is to plug it in to a computer motherboard, you can't even do the update with a USB to PCIe case/adaptor.
0 Likes
TrebleTA
First Poster
Options
My brother, who about 100 miles away. But would be cheaper to RMA, but he said he can do it.
I will not be the only one who will be haveing this problem. Maybe samsung can make a playstation update app. Or something, after all from what I read the problem can brick my 980 pro 2tb
0 Likes
vjmdr
First Poster
Options

What you also can do is buy an mini pc for a couple of hundred dollars or a second hand one, most of them have nvme onboard. make an image with acronis true image of the current os. you might need some help with that. place the image on the 980pro, boot from it and use the magician tool. you might need to re adjust the sata driver to the windows default because the upgrade cannot be done if it's amd drivers.

0 Likes