Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Can I Perform a System Reset and Reinstall All Factory Samsung Drivers and Apps

(Topic created on: 22-02-2024 04:34 PM)
labrador7
Journeyman
Options

Hi there,

A few weeks ago I performed a system reset within Windows 11 to attempt to resolve a driver issue with one of my Galaxy Book S USB-C ports. The system reset did not resolve the problem but I eventually figured out a fix.

With the system reset the Qualcomm power plan that came with the Galaxy Book S disappeared. This is a Samsung-specific power plan that came with the Book S and optimized its battery duration to the next level. Even after performing all Windows and Samsung updates, I was unable to recover that power plan.

After that I realized that on my Book S there was a recovery partition - even though I had seen posts on the web stating the Book S had no recovery partition. So I restarted my PC, performed a reset from the BIOS, and reinstalled the original Windows 10 that came with the laptop. I performed all Windows and Samsung updates but I was once again unable to retrieve the Samsung power plan that was originally installed on the Books S. Eventually I upgraded to Windows 11 again.

Today I just checked the partititions from Command Prompt and noticed two partitiions:

1 a Windows RE recovery partition

2 a SAMUNSG_REC recovery paritition

Now I am wondering if maybe there is way to reinstall the system from the Samsung recovery parition to get the original factory setup, including all Samsung drivers and apps.

Would anybody know?

Galaxy S10 | Galaxy S10e | Galaxy Tab S5e | Galaxy Book Pro 15 i7 | Galaxy Book Pro 13 i5 | Galaxy Book S 13 8cx |
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I thought the Book S was ARM based?
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
0 Likes
labrador7
Journeyman
Options

Yes, the Book S is ARM-based. The version I have has an Snapdragon  8xc. Why?

Galaxy S10 | Galaxy S10e | Galaxy Tab S5e | Galaxy Book Pro 15 i7 | Galaxy Book Pro 13 i5 | Galaxy Book S 13 8cx |
0 Likes
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Didn't think ARM could run full Windows 10 or 11?
Interesting if it does recall passing on the Microsoft foldable
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
0 Likes
labrador7
Journeyman
Options

Duplicate post

0 Likes
labrador7
Journeyman
Options

I can't say for sure it's a full version but it works like a charm.

The Windows 11 version on my Book S is supposedly the same one that is my two Galaxy Book Pro - Windows 11 23H2, down to the buld version (22631.3155).

Galaxy S10 | Galaxy S10e | Galaxy Tab S5e | Galaxy Book Pro 15 i7 | Galaxy Book Pro 13 i5 | Galaxy Book S 13 8cx