Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G9 OLED Flickering now and then

(Topic created on: 20-10-2023 07:22 AM)
Venner
Pioneer
Options

Morning

I got my G9 OLED last week and noticed quite often when i switch on my PC and get to the desktop I get flickering as shown in the video below

I have tried a different Display port cable and the one that came with it, also updated the firmware on monitor and running latest Nvidia drivers, I thought it might be something to do with running a 2nd monitor so unplugged that but still get the issue.

I had the first G9 before this and worked 100% fine nothing else was changed. Running an RTX 3090.

Should I be returning the monitor?

oled.jpg

0 Likes
77 REPLIES 77
Venner
Pioneer
Options

To Add I had the first G9 before this and it ran 100% fine and the only thing ive changed is swapped to the OLED version.

Im using an RTX 3090

Ive added a photo below as the video doesnt seem to work on the post above

oled.jpg

0 Likes
Rippers
Pioneer
Options

Have u updated the firmware for the monitor? is it the G93C version or the G95SC version?

0 Likes
Venner
Pioneer
Options
It's the G95SC and is running latest firmware also running latest nvida drivers aswell
0 Likes
Rippers
Pioneer
Options

Are you using display port or hdmi? or have you tried both and is this still happening? Do you have another monitor you could try to rule out artifacting?

0 Likes
Venner
Pioneer
Options
Tried display port I was using with my original G9 and also tried the display port samsung included. My old G9 works 100% all ok this has only happened since the OLED arrived.
0 Likes
Rippers
Pioneer
Options

Yeah looks like early teething problems with these monitors imo. I have the G93C which is virtually the same as yours baring the smart features. Surely samsung know about these issues? i am going to speak to their tech support either tomorrow or monday because surely we should not be having these in the first place.....not for the money they cost surely?? 

0 Likes
Venner
Pioneer
Options
Report back with what they say here please I will also call them Monday as within my 14days to return bur sold my original G9 so will then be without a monitor......
0 Likes
Rippers
Pioneer
Options

I will do, think i still have 3-4 days until my return window closes....dont want to send it back cos its one hell of a monitor. I still have my trusty old 35" acer predator to fall back on but not half as good as the samsung 😞

Venner
Pioneer
Options
Yeah I don't want to send it back either as love the monitor. Wish I kept my normal G9 abit longer now so wouldn't mind sending it back then
0 Likes