Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

firmware update m2070w

(Topic created on: 30-07-2018 11:25 PM)
kang0o
First Poster
Options

I cannot update the printers firmware using windows 10. Following the instructions in the readme file I extract the M2070_V3.00.01.30.hd file drop it onto the usblist2.exe file. A DOS window appears with a number counting upwards, it reaches the target number then disappears. The printer doesn't reboot and the firmware remains unchanged.

Really doing my head in. Ever since we changed routers the printer has never been able to connect or even find our home wifi.

The firmware installed is from 2014 and I think new firmware will solve the connection problems.

Any help greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
27 REPLIES 27
AntS
Options

Hi @kang0o. :robothappy:

Did you get that firmware file from the list of downloads on that printer's Support page here?

0 Likes
geocharus
First Poster
Options

I"m having the same issue -- firmware seems to run (DOS window with the counter going up to final amount).  But nothing happens on printer.  My firmware is also from 2014 and am having problems with printer that are supposed to be fixed by firmware update.

Did you get anything resolved?  If so can you tell me what you did or point me to any sites that helped?  I have not found anything...

0 Likes
Solution
Leo-Ongaro
Student
Options

The correct link is: https://www.samsungcloudprint.com/download_firmware.html choose your printer model and get the code for the model.

0 Likes
Solution
Leo-Ongaro
Student
Options

You have to power off the printer, then press STOP and power on. The message DOWNLOAD MODE will show at the panel. Press STOP once and Wait Image will show in the display.  The machine is then ready to receive the firmware.

demondawg06
Student
Options
THIS WAS IT THANK YOU!!! I've been scouring the net for this answer, their instructions should definitely include this step.
0 Likes
TomWilko
First Poster
Options

This is the solution! :smiling-face:

However the new firmware doesn't work with non-Samsung toners 😞

Why does everything have to be so difficult!?

Do you know if there is a way to override this setting?

Even with toner installed it says "Install Toner Cartridge"

0 Likes
casper4566
First Poster
Options

Xpress M2070fw only displays the words "wait & image" on the screen,no lights, no power up, no noise, nothing is working.  This printer has constantly had a problem jamming from the beginning, which is what happened right before this. Have turned it off, waited, many times, tried hitting Stop & Power at the same time per instructions; nothing. I am Beyond exasperated.

0 Likes
casper4566
First Poster
Options
It will not "power off" or on, simply displays "wait" & "image" unless I unplug it. That is absolutely ALL it will do.
0 Likes
nena2
First Poster
Options

The instructions ask me for "usblist2.exe". Where do I find that file? I can't run the *.hd file.

0 Likes