Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

970 EVO PLUS 2TB bricked by samsung magician software installing the 990 Pro firmware on it instead of on the real 990 Pro dri

(Topic created on: 26-12-2023 01:31 PM)
Members_EyTGKOl
First Poster
Options

Title says it all: my 970 EVO plus 2TB was installed in a ICY BOX expansion slot and the new 990 Pro was installed on the M2_1 slot of the motherboard. Samsung magician spotted the nexw 990 Pro drive but stupidly enough, magician installed the 990 Pro's firmware on the 970 Plus! 

Result: BSOD  "DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION" and the 970 EVO plus was done with.

Removed the 970 EVO PLUS, run a macrium backup restore of my data on the 990 Pro. The firmware also installed succesfully on the right drive (990 Pro). So to remember how important backups are (and I make 2 of them), also for NVME drives!

After putting the 970 EVO PLUS 2TB in an external drive (also ICY box): I saw it was recognized in the BIOS as a 990 Pro drive: wrong! So this gives me the clue why the 970 evo can't be accessed anymore.

Of course, that samsung software plays dumb and does not recognize it either 😡.

So now is there a tool of sorts to revert that firmware back to the original 970 EVO PLUS somehow?

1 REPLY 1
srs0591
Pioneer
Options
A rollback tool is very unlikely to be available to the public. I'd recommend you contact the retailer/ Samsung for a warranty claim.
0 Likes