Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

49" Odyssey G9 OLED optimization message (v1310)

(Topic created on: 20-01-2024 02:55 PM)
Norekk
Apprentice
Options

Hi!

I love this monitor BUT I haven't found anything in the settings to disable the screen optimization message. I'm doing competitive racing and the message is enough to end the whole race for me. Any ideas? If there's no way to disable the message, at least show it in the corner, not in the middle of the screen. 

IMG_20240120_195811.jpg

Does this seem ok to anyone who's in the middle of a race or doing whatever that requires 100% concentration and 1 millisecond can change everything?

Thank you!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Norekk
Apprentice
Options

A new version (1402.6) is out .

The notification is now at the top right corner and has a timer on it. When timer runs out and no action is taken, it will automatically start optimization. Not great but that's better than having it in the middle of the screen. Step in the right direction.

View solution in context

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
AndrewL
Options

@Norekk: I'm sorry to hear of your frustration surrounding this feature. Your Samsung OLED monitor is equipped with a Screen Optimisation function that detects the state of the screen and prevents image retention. This function is automatically enabled by turning off the monitor without disconnecting the power cord, or after watching more than 4 hours of cumulative time. Please turn off the monitor using the remote or the Power button on the monitor.

Screen Optimisation takes approximately 10 minutes to complete. When the power is turned on, a pop-up will appear, indicating that Screen Optimisation is complete. When screen optimisation is completed, the cumulative watching time is initialised.

As a possible solution, please head to Home > Menu > Settings > All Settings > General & Privacy > Panel Care > Pixel Refresh > Start After Smart Monitor Off. Furthermore, enable Pixel Shift to refresh the screen at regular intervals. Let me know if this helps. 

0 Likes
Norekk
Apprentice
Options

Hey, @AndrewL ! Thank you for the quick reply. I understand the need to remind users to take care of their panel, however, the timing and placement of the message is not ideal especially If the message is forced and user has no control over it whatsoever. I'd rather prefer the optimisation to activate when the monitor is turned off. Like fine, I switched it off and it's doing it's own thing because I'm not using it. Unfortunately I was unable to find the settings you've mentioned.IMG_20240121_154830.jpg I have game mode turned on, VRR on, HDR set to basic, connected to wifi and logged into samsung account and connected to PC via display port. Product code : S49CG950SU. I may play with the settings some more. Also could it be something region related?

EtatHome
First Poster
Options

I also don’t have the setting and also the Screen Optimisation dosn’t popped up. I used the monitor for more than 8 hours continuously 

Norekk
Apprentice
Options

I've found that after doing the optimization, it doesn't pop-up for ~3 days. After cancelling - it's 4 hours.

Still, the placement of the message is annoying and not being able to do it manually also is a major disappointment. I contacted support, and after a few days of back and forth e-mail they told me that there are no plans currently of updating the software.

Funny enough, while I was typing this, a random window popped up, asking to rate this site :face-with-tears-of-joy: So I'm guessing it's just a Samsung thing. 

Jedison
First Poster
Options

Please release a firmware update to fix this. It's totally unacceptable for a product marketed to competitive gamers. This pop-up has ruined many games for me already. Thinking of returning the monitor.

I'm on the US version of the monitor and there's no setting for start after power off. 

gsolaro
First Poster
Options

Do we have any news on that? It is unacceptable to have such a crucial feature missing. I have been using OLED products for many years (mainly LG products) and never had an issue with image retention or Burn-In. If something happens to my panel and I will not be included in the warranty I will move on legally.

All customers need to unite and make Samsung listen to us.

noreun
Student
Options

This is crazy, there is no way to stop this message from popping up? It is VERY annoying, and I'm not even using it for gaming just coding and zoom meetings, and this thing keeps popping up at the worst times... can't stop working for 10 min when my screen feels like it. I guess I got the wrong product...

Dave Stewart
Student
Options

I have the same problem. For a "gaming" monitor, this is a fantastic way to ensure gamers get killed, lose matches, and become seriously annoyed with their Samsung products. The several seconds it takes to drop the mouse, pick up the remote, select CANCEL, and click the enter button is more than enough for your team to be destroyed in any competitive game.

We need something as a workaround. Some way to manually trigger this ahead of a gaming session, so we don't have to worry about it showing up mid-match. Give us something. Or stop claiming this is designed for gaming.

Vaey
Student
Options

I have the same stupid Issue with this, it keeps popping up, IN THE MIDDLE AND REALLY BIG, everytime when you don't need it and that is NOT, IN ANY FORM, what gamers want and can be labeled as gaming hardware whatsoever.

I was thinking c'mon man give Samsung OLEDs a try, they cant be really worse than LG. And I was proven so wrong. If this is not gonna be fixed I will return the Monitor and buy LGs 49" OLED and enjoy it :).

How can this be overseen in any quality management that THIS behaviour will make customers angry, and then try to fool them, thinking they are dumb, with things like "it is a feature" like what. We have 2024 KI is getting ridicolous good and here we are having issues which should have been an early problem in the 1990s. How is there no option to turn it off and do the optimization every time we shut the monitor down? Or to do it later with a small pop up in any corner "hey don't forget to start the optimisation later". If you ask me the first option with it automatically does it everytime we shut it down is by far the best option. 

Sorry for the long rant but I am SO DISSAPOINTED that I really tried this monitor instead of just going with LG which was a good choice every time I got one of theirs.

0 Likes