Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spotify broke Samsung Multiroom

(Topic created on: 28-04-2022 10:03 PM)
MrMEEE
Student
Options

Hi Samsung

Apparently Spotify have succeeded in breaking Spotify Connect compability with all of your older Multiroom speakers, making them useless for most of us.. I'm well aware that the speakers are out of support, but all I'm asking for here, is some help in pushing back to Spotify..

Is there anyway that I could have some kind of debugtool to pull communicationlogs or similiar from the speakers.. basically some kind of devkit or dev firmware..

Spotify seems to ignore any reasoning, and after spending 4-5 hours on chat with them, the only thing I can get from the is that they hope it will be fixed in some kind of future update, but that they won't collect any additional debug logs.. 😞

Hope you'll be a little more helpful

Thanks..

8 REPLIES 8
Members_mexIc7I
Apprentice
Options

I noticed the same today. Yesterday all was working fine...only last night has happened is an update of my samsung tablet OS?

Can't be a coincidence.. so please provide us with a bug fix

Thx!

0 Likes
Members_mexIc7I
Apprentice
Options

I noticed the same today. Yesterday all was working fine...only last night has happened is an update of my samsung tablet OS?

Can't be a coincidence.. so please provide us with a bugfix

Thx!

0 Likes
Members_mexIc7I
Apprentice
Options

Today it's working again ...why? 

0 Likes
Rasnaldo
First Poster
Options

Come on Samsung - Spotify didn’t break it - you did… less than 3 years of support on a 5-6 year old product line. Of course Spotify is developing on their product - and so should you… get in the game

0 Likes
maffee
First Poster
Options

How did this break for you during May? 

Me and a few of my friends got into trouble with these older models in the last few days. We all have multiple M- and R-series models in our homes. Spotify selects the output to the corresponding device, but immediately pauses the playback. If I try to push play, it flashes directly back to pause. 

Is this the same problem you guys had? Are there some other threads somewhere (in this community or others) about this problem?

I do also understand that these are old models. Since I have 6 of these, I'd still like to figure out a way to fix these. I use these daily, and my only use is Spotify Connect. 

0 Likes
cholletk
First Poster
Options

Same here : All my samsung multiroom were not able to connect spotify few weeks ago. Hope Samsung will fix this one day ....

0 Likes
MrMEEE
Student
Options

Hi guys..

We have found a workaround over at the spotify forum:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/iOS-iPhone-iPad/Spotify-Connect-stopped-working-on-my-MultiRoom-sys...

You can change to my DNS server, and the Multiroom speakers should work again..

This server only changes the spotify hostname, and all other stuff is just forwarded to Google's DNS..

So this means that you can basically just change your DNS server in your router to this one, and everything should be good (for now)..

Hope that it helps some people out there..

0 Likes
Dikkebakbietn
First Poster
Options

What DNS entry did you make on your DNS server?

0 Likes