Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Soundbars have no sound limiter?!

(Topic created on: 26-11-2023 04:20 PM)
Chatman
Student
Options

I got myself a Samsung HW-999C and am loving it.

However I realized this thing has no option whatsoever to limit the volume to a predefined level. Samsung, you can't be serious! My 20 year old receiver had this feature. 

Today my daughter tried to raise the volume on TV with soundbar on but still on a different input. She ended up at level 100 before asking me what was wrong.

Gladly she didn't happen to switch to TV-input as this would have killed not only the soundbar itself but probably also our ears given that usually level 8 is sufficient. 

So long story short: Samsung please patch a volume limiter into the firmware to be controlled via smartthings app. 

4 REPLIES 4
Lord_Shiva
Voyager
Options
0 Likes
Chatman
Student
Options

Thanks but that's not what I'm looking for. I whish for a max volume option to be set in smarthings app  that cannot be surpassed when changing the volume via TV or Soundbar remote.. 

0 Likes
Lord_Shiva
Voyager
Options
Sorry for that sir
0 Likes
Scott_thewspot
First Poster
Options

I have the same concern. Playing chromecast from Google home, if you ask to set volume to "4" google converts that to 40% which sets the soundbar way too loud. Anything over 30% is getting too loud.

With other speakers we would go to 6 as loud, but my wife didn't realise and did that when playing to the soundbar and it could be heard through the whole apartment building and it was too loud for google to hear when she was trying to turn it back down!