Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung Soundbar HW-Q990C audio cuts-out periodically when playing stereo music tracks

(Topic created on: 25-02-2024 05:53 PM)
jtnn60
Journeyman
Options

I use the in-build Plex Media Server of the Nvidia Shield TV Pro to store and playback all my movie and music collection.  The playback of movies is fine and the audio experience is fab!  However, when streaming music (i.e. no video) in classic stereo, the audio cuts-out for a few seconds when playing music tracks.  This happens repeatedly, but not in any pattern I can detect.  The cut-out is 1 to 2 seconds at a time, so very noticeable. 

Has anyone else experienced anything similar?

Note: the Nvidia Shield TV Pro is directly wired via HDMI into the HW-Q990C soundbar.   I control playback either via the Nvidia Shield TV Pro (visible on the TV) or Plexamp on my phone.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
jtnn60
Journeyman
Options

I got together a list of recordings in ordinary 2 channels 44.1kHz / 16bit work

Some 88.2kHz / 24bit which work fine

Some 96kHz / 24bit which work fine

However, the SACD 2 channels 44.1kHz / 32bit and SACD 5.1 6 channels 44.1kHz / 32bit would not play at all.  But then 44.1kHz / 32bit seems an odd combination and these were from a dubious source.

So overall the main problem of intermittent cut-out seems to have disappeared.

I really not sure why the problem has gone away, but all good now.  

Clearly doing a more scientific test scared the unit into working correctly 😂

View solution in context

2 REPLIES 2
Gurky
Helping Hand
Options
Interesting one actually! Do you have any issues with other soundbars you can test? I only ask as I'm a Plex user and as much as it's amazing! It's also got like a million bugs! One guess is plex is trying to sample it at more channels that it can handle. You could try turn off adaptive sound on the bar if you have that too, it might be trying to add channels but due to compression or format not know what to do
0 Likes
Solution
jtnn60
Journeyman
Options

I got together a list of recordings in ordinary 2 channels 44.1kHz / 16bit work

Some 88.2kHz / 24bit which work fine

Some 96kHz / 24bit which work fine

However, the SACD 2 channels 44.1kHz / 32bit and SACD 5.1 6 channels 44.1kHz / 32bit would not play at all.  But then 44.1kHz / 32bit seems an odd combination and these were from a dubious source.

So overall the main problem of intermittent cut-out seems to have disappeared.

I really not sure why the problem has gone away, but all good now.  

Clearly doing a more scientific test scared the unit into working correctly 😂