Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung 48" Curved Soundbar HW-MS6500/XU - keeps switching to BT (Bluetooth) and says C39S

(Topic created on: 16-02-2024 04:42 PM)
80sblast
Student
Options

Hi

- I have a Samsung 48" Curved Soundbar HW-MS6500/XU. Last couple of days it is changing from DIN (Optical cable to Samsung TV) to BT on its own it comes up with BT then C39S. I switch back to DIN and then its switches back to BT a short time later - see attached video. I have tried putting on DIN and disabling smart link and holding volume numbers to trigger an INIT (reset) - anybody else had this or have any ideas????  Any answers appreciated  - Thanks.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I used to own this soundbar so still had the manual, sadly it makes no mention of error codes.

At a guess though it seems BT linked, have you or someone else connected another device?
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
0 Likes
80sblast
Student
Options

Thanks for the reply - I hadn't had any Bluetooth devices connected. I did connect my phone when troubleshooting to see if that cleared it but still the same. Very strange  - once its set on the source it should stay there until changed by the remote / or soundbar source switch.

0 Likes
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Not sure then as you have also reset, probably a repair route but assume this is long out of warranty.

Not what you want to hear but after I sold my MS6500 as my S95 Curved failed, I bought the Q900A was a great step up, added SWA-9500S rear and very happy.
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
80sblast
Student
Options

Just an update in case anyone  else gets this. It was actually caused by a permanently on Bluetooth sender I had connected to a record player in another room which was paired to a different set of speakers. It appears that the Soundbar starts up in Bluetooth receive / pair mode after a mains power off / on event and it must have then connected to this Bluetooth sender (C395 being its ID). We have an optical connection from the Soundbar to the TV and use the DIN mode on  the soundbar BUT it appears that the Soundbar periodically scans for Bluetooth and if it sees one in its memory it connects. Solution was to turn off the Bluetooth sender and then the Soundbar showed disconnected. Turn the Bluetooth sender back on and connect to the desired other speakers (so this is no longer in pairing mode) and then to turn the Soundbar back on and select DIN.

0 Likes