Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED - Samsung Soundbar HW-Q800A crashes on volume up and down

(Topic created on: 19-10-2021 09:13 AM)
adutto
Journeyman
Options

Update 28/10/2021

The problem is RESOLVED now with the new FW 1009.2, Thanks a lot Samsung for addressing it and release an update that is fixing the issue!

---

I am experiencing an annoying issue with my Sound bar HW-Q800A, when I watch a movie and I start playing with the up and down volume for less then one minute, it suddenly stops emitting audio and the sound bar is like crashed, if I press again the button up and down doesn't work, the only way out is to turn it off and on again. 

Here is the video of the problem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHUk3A9SJvQ

It does it with the TV and also with Spotify connect, so I would exclude that it is not a Tv related problem. it happens both in wifi and HDMI. 

Do you know if there is any solution for this or it is an HW issue? 

I have the latest FW installed, what esle can I do?

If you have the same bar, can you please try the same thing to see if you can reproduce it on yours?

Thanks a lot,

Kind regars,

Alberto 

42 REPLIES 42
Shabskii
Journeyman
Options

Facing the same issue which started about an hour ago, ever since the Google Assistant update recently in the week.

Any fixes as yet? There's also a YouTube upload from another member regarding this issue. 

adutto
Journeyman
Options

It looks like to be a wide spread problem, probably affecting all the HW-Q800A sound bar in the market, We need Samsung to fix it with a FW update. 

0 Likes
Ehp1987
Apprentice
Options

Same problem here with a brand new hw-q900a.

Running latest firmware.

I use spotify connect and have a Samsung QLED 65QN95A connected to the HDMI ARC interface.

Both with the TV and spotify the soundbar will crash when you adjust the volume a few times..

Disconnecting the power seems to be the only fix for me.

MarcelRemkes
Journeyman
Options

Same problem here with a brand new QLED 4K 55Q80A (2021) TV and a HW-Q800A soundbar. It sometimes crashes after listening to Spotify and after that watching TV. But it also crashes when using the TV + HDMI CEC mode and playing with the volume controls. It starts with not responding to the remote control (can’t lower the volume) and after that the sound stops suddenly.

Both TV and Soundbar are configured in Smartthings and there’s a connection between Smartthings and my Google Home infra.

Sebigeli
Apprentice
Options

Hello, 

I have the same problem on HW Q800A with the last firmware. I have try on bluetooth I have the same problem, the problem is coming from soundbar not from the TV. I was afraid that it would come from my Sony TV or my sound bar, I just received it, it's a refurbished model in addition ...

Sebigeli
Apprentice
Options

I contacted samsung via the live chat he advises me to use my right of withdrawal to get a refund, it's a joke ... Samsung does nothing? So I don't know what to do, refund or not ...

MarcelRemkes
Journeyman
Options

Strange, it's a firmware issue. I saw that mentioned somewhere else in the community. Maybe we should all post a negative review on the HW-Q800A product page…

Ehp1987
Apprentice
Options

I also contacted chat support in the Netherlands. But it seems that it does not have an effect. They don't log any ticket or case and it seems they have no knowledge to provide any assistant other than "have you tried turning it off and on again".

I am a new Samsung user but the last few days people are warning me that the Samsung support is well .. “non existing”.. I hope this is not true but It’s understandable, support costs money and time. Its easier just to ignore it since they will just bring out a new product every year anyway.

Ehp1987
Apprentice
Options

please also mention HW-Q900A  😅

0 Likes