Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R6, R3 and R Lite speakers all entered continual rebooting cycle

(Topic created on: 10-07-2023 09:11 AM)
Stu44
Student
Options

Hello, I appreciate they are probably not supported anymore, but my R6, R3 and R Lite speakers all simultaneously developed the same fault, on the same day. They all entered a continuous reboot cycle where they turned on, announced 'blue tooth ready' and then restarted.....over  and over again.

I managed to hard reset both the R3 and R Lite by holding both volume buttons, which has stopped the reboot cycle. I have not managed to do the same to the R6.

I assume whatever caused this is linked to using the Multiroom App (?) as the fault occurred across all 3 speakers within the same day,  so have purposely not linked the R3 and Lite back to my WiFi (using Bluetooth only).

Anyone experienced anything similar? Any additional tips to hard reset the R6?

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
Members_WZn6bpw
Journeyman
Options

There is another pretty active post about it. Everybody that has wireless multiroom speakers from Samsung have this problem. When you block internet access from your home to internet with your router/modem for this speaker it seems as a solution if you use only bluetooth. 

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/audio-video/all-speakers-started-power-cycling-on-friday-the-7th...

Stu44
Student
Options

thank you for pointing me to that post.

0 Likes
Loveall27
Explorer
Options

I have some good news for you! You don't have to reset your speakers. Instead, find the IP address of the speaker and go to your internet router. From there, block Samsung speakers' IP addresses from accessing the internet. I tested this with two speakers and the rebooting loop stopped. 

Loveall27_0-1688994806135.png

Either you block your speakers from accessing the internet or

if you want to have your speakers connect to Spotify/Radio/Pandora ect.
You need to block these addresses:

1. connect.deezer.com
  2. api.iheart.com
  3. api2.iheart.com 

from your network .Turns out it's boot looping because the iheart radio and deezer api is no longer working correctly with our speakers

bobbybrownccklr
Apprentice
Options
Wow. Blocking those web addresses using my sky broadband shield has worked and stopped my 5 speakers becoming scrap. THANK YOU!!
QDS
First Poster
Options

Thanks for this, it’s improved my situation blocking these 3 means it’s no longer stuck in a constant power cycle loop but I am still having issues.  Every 75 or so seconds it still power cycles. My speakers are the older M series and I assume there are more api’s I need to block.  Either that or this solution doesn’t quite resolve the issue for M series users.  Blocking internet access to the speaker does work but you obviously lose the Spotify MultiRoom capability.

johnbrich1
First Poster
Options

Thank you so much for your help on this. I did exactly what you said to do blocked those addresses within my router parental controls and the speakers stopped power cycling. I have 2 R3’s and 1 R6, for some reason the R6 let me connect back to the multiroom app through the wifi with no problem Yesterday but the other two r3’s just kept power cycling the only way to get them to play any music was using the Bluetooth connection. I use the Spotify service and discovered you can still use Spotify after this it’s just you have to connect to the speaker group using their interface, it’s only accessible for premium subscribers but it works because the Spotify and other music streaming services within the multiroom app is no longer available except the Tunein and Tidal apps are still accessible. Thanks again for your assistance without you I would have just used them for Bluetooth “but how fun is Bluetooth” One speaker at a time not fun. Plus, these speakers were very pricey I was on the verge of a breakdown, I use music to help manage my pain, I’m disabled and have a very painful incurable condition and music helps with my pain. Your a life saver. John

0 Likes
HermanNL
First Poster
Options

Great, this saved my day. I already ordered some new speakers because of this annoying problem. But now they can go back 

Thnx 

0 Likes
QuarkB
Student
Options

Thanks alot, You saved my day.

0 Likes
QuarkB
Student
Options

By the way I have a case running with Samsung. Now lets see what they will come up with.

0 Likes