Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q950A speaker issue

(Topic created on: 14-02-2024 03:27 AM)
Skionix
First Poster
Options

Due to room layout my rear speakers are very close to the listener and when watching any Sky channel, even the news channel, with any TV sound output mode selected other than Standard dialog is piped to the rear speakers making it unwatchable (Even setting the rear volume to -6 on the soundbar)

If I try and use TV + Soundbar as the sound output (Q Symphony) I can only select sound output modes of game or adaptive sound so get the upscaled bleed through

If I have Intelligent Mode switched on every time the TV restarts I get the sound switched to Adaptive Sound.

So the question I have is how do I get the output source to TV + Soundbar and watch normal TV without it appearing in the rears? The sound options with output of “TV + Soundbar” are only Game or Adaptive both of which bleed too much content to the rears. At the moment I have intelligent mode off and sound output to soundbar alone and it works but surely, I must be able to use Q Symphony with ‘normal’ TV

Using optical cable makes no difference to the upscaling of adaptive sound nor switching off CEC

Any help gratefully received

1 REPLY 1
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Interesting I have a Q900A with SWA-9500S rears and like you close, right on the sofa so barely 1ft away.

I actually find it great vocals from the front and more atmosphere, music from the rears.

I think I actually tweaked my rears and up firing soundbar up a few levels.
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
0 Likes