Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q600C Connection Problems

(Topic created on: 17-11-2023 07:00 AM)
ManuGR77
First Poster
Options

Greetings folks, I just got this soundbar and connected it to an old Samsung TV, series 7, cant remember when I bought it though, well the problem is that when I plugged in the HDMI cable to the soundbar and then on the BOX of the TV, I saw immediately that the sound output was through the soundbar, the TV was sawing me the exact model of the soundbar, then i proceed and put the soundbar on the wall with the brackets provided. After i finished all the installation and plugged all the wires, which is power, HDMI to the ARC port of the TV BOX as well as the HDMI from the PS5 to the HDMI input of the soundbar, all went wrong!!! The TV doesnt show the exact model of the soundbar, it just says HDMI Receiver and I dont get any sound from it! I did a BT connection and it worked but I dont get ATMOS from anything, even if its Netflix or an mkv file, I mean that the soundbar doesnt say in the front ATMOS, and I dont get nice peripheral sound, is it that I had too much expectations? Or is it that it is not through the HDMI port? What can I do to have the HDMI connection back on? If you guys can tell me somethng else that I must do to take the best out of the sound bar, please do so... Any other recomendation is welcome! Thank you in advance!

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Munkeebutt67
Explorer
Options

I don't think Arc passes the sound back like eArc. You would be best plugging your PS5 into the other hdmi input on the soundbar, and switch TV to soundbar, then select d.in on soundbar. This should give you Dobly output. You won't get 120hz but the 7 series are 60hz anyway. You can name the soundbar and place it in the home bar by going to source on the home bar and setting it up there. Good luck

0 Likes
Munkeebutt67
Explorer
Options

Also the apps won't output Atmos, but should output Dolby digital. If you change TVs in the future, get an 8 series. They are not much more expensive but have eArc,  3 hdmis, Atmos return and double the RAM storage.

0 Likes