Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

No sound Samsung Soundbar HW-R530/XU Series 7 Smart TV via HDMI ARC

(Topic created on: 01-10-2023 11:25 AM)
froschling1
Apprentice
Options

My Samsung Soundbar recently stopped producing sound.

It is connected via HDMI to the ARC HDMI port on the television and the soundbar. When I turn on the television the soundbar shows it has swapped to TV/ARC. Sadly, the television sound stops but the sound does not move to the soundbar as it used to do.

I have checked the port connections - they are correct. I have checked the soundbar configuration and it is set to D/IN. Anynet+ is enabled and the SOUND setting is set to the Soundbar.

I have powered off both TV and Soundbar for about 30 minutes without success,

Resetting the TV and restablishing connection seems to work until I turn of the TV. When it comes back on the soundbar no longer produces sounds. I haven't been abl;e to reset the soundbar as I can't find out how to do this. 

I've configured the TV to connect to the soundbar by Bluetooth and this works.

I know there's a lot of talk around this but am hoping someone has experience the same problem with the same soundbar and can help. I'd really appreciate it.

John

14 REPLIES 14
Sharks1080
Student
Options

Hi all, my problem also fixed itself, not sure why, have done nothing different. It has been running fine now for a couple of weeks.

PaulM1
Options

That's great to know, @Sharks1080. Thanks for keeping us updated. 

0 Likes
Digital Ben
Journeyman
Options

As an update:

As with some of the other users on this thread, this issue is now resolved. I didn’t change anything at all. 
maybe some of the updates I tried worked after a few power cycles? Maybe there was a patch applied in the background?  I’m not sure - but it works and sounds incredible. 

Ben

0 Likes
Digital Ben
Journeyman
Options

Is this still an issue for you?

0 Likes
Solution
froschling1
Apprentice
Options

Not any longer but I've no idea how it was solved. One day it was just working.

0 Likes