Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

No sound Samsung Soundbar HW-R530/XU Series 7 Smart TV via HDMI ARC

(Topic created on: 02-09-2023 04:44 PM)
froschling1
Apprentice
Options

My Samsung Soundbar recently stopped producing sound.

It is connected via HDMI to the ARC HDMI port on the television and the soundbar. When I turn on the television the soundbar shows it has swapped to TV/ARC. Sadly, the television sound stops but the sound does not move to the soundbar as it used to do.

I have checked the port connections - they are correct. I have checked the soundbar configuration and it is set to D/IN. Anynet+ is enabled and the SOUND setting is set to the Soundbar.

I have powered off both TV and Soundbar for about 30 minutes without success,

Resetting the TV and restablishing connection seems to work until I turn of the TV. When it comes back on the soundbar no longer produces sounds. I haven't been abl;e to reset the soundbar as I can't find out how to do this. 

I've configured the TV to connect to the soundbar by Bluetooth and this works.

I know there's a lot of talk around this but am hoping someone has experience the same problem with the same soundbar and can help. I'd really appreciate it.

John

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
froschling1
Apprentice
Options

Not any longer but I've no idea how it was solved. One day it was just working.

View solution in context

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14
Benziorski
First Poster
Options

I’m having this exact issue. Q70 TV and HW-a650 soundbar.

All of the sudden, starting two days ago, I turned on the TV and there was no audio coming from soundbar. It’s still connected and I can see the volume is set to “AV soundbar A6…” when I turn the volume up/down but no audio. I can audio to TV speaker and it works fine through the puny TV speakers. If I unplug the TV or hold donn the power button on remote control to do a reboot, it connects and audio plays perfectly out of the soundbar. As soon as I turn the TV off, whether for 2 mins or 12 hours, and turn the TV back on, I lose the audio. 

I called Samsung and they encouraged me to setup a repair with technician but it’ll likely cost between $350-$450 to repair.

99% sure it’s the TB and not the bar. I swapped this soundbar to my Samsung bedroom TV and no issue. Also, brought my other Samsun soundbar and connected to this tv and issue is present.

Please someone help!!

0 Likes
Sharks1080
Student
Options

I have the same issue with a Samsung TV model code UA65RV7100WXXY and a Klipsch  cinema 600 soundbar and sub woofer attached. Tried all the usual things including those of earlier posts. Also updated the Samsung TV OS/firmware. no success. I powered cycled all the devices in the order, soundbar, sub woofer and then TV, only power cycling TV fixes problem. So if I switch on TV with remote the soundbar/woofer turn on as expected but with no sound then I need to power cycle the TV and the sound work correctly.

This feels like a software issue but maybe someone from Samsung may be able to provide some info?

Steve

0 Likes
St3chn0
Explorer
Options
Same issue over here have Q70R with hw-q80r soundbar. Can hear the menu sounds and spund works fine over wifi bt and all other options.

Update it seems to be an issue with dolby digital, switch to PCM and you should have sound
0 Likes
froschling1
Apprentice
Options

Many thanks to all of you who have replied.

We all have the same experience, so I suspect it's a software issue as well. The TV recognises that it has a soundbar on the HDMI ARC port but only produces sounds for the first time after resetting the TV then when you turn the TC off and on again the soundbar will no longer produce sound.

Different soundbars exhibit the same problem including my Samsung soundbar. 

Switching back TV Sound and you get sound - but only from the TV.

I think the problem might be related to the TV not routing sound over HDMI. My PC, for example, offers the option of routing sound to the screen speakers, to the sound system connected to the Line Out port OR to routing it over HDMI. 

We know the sound bars are okay and we know resetting the TV produces a temporary fix. Since so many of us are suffering this problem I'm wondering if a software "upgrade" has been applied that has caused this. I'll check my sofdtware version and get back you you.

In the meantiime perhaps you can report your software versions and we can see if it's a common theme.

All the best,

John

0 Likes
ColoColorado
Student
Options

Hello. I am writing from Argentina and I have the same problem with the Samsung RU7100 TV. I have a JBL SB160 sound bar connected to it and I have the same problem. The solution I found leaving everything connected the same as HDMI ARC is the following. Turn off the TV in the usual way with the remote control, and after that turn off the power (unplug it from the wall) wait 10 seconds and reconnect it, then turn on the TV with the remote control and magically everything works as normal. The problem is that you have to do that process every time you turn off the TV. It is clearly a problem with the TV or some update, for the moment it is the solution I found. I'm still waiting for Samsung to give me an effective response. Regards

0 Likes
Digital Ben
Journeyman
Options

Same issue. So frustrating after years of perfect service. I think it must be TV memory issue or software update. 
Fortunately I can use HDMI WiFi for a bit, when that drops out I can use ARC HDMI again. 

must be a TV issue

0 Likes
froschling1
Apprentice
Options

It looks like we all have a similar experience with different soundbars. 

My TV Model Code is UE55RU7300KXXU

My software version is  T-MSLDEUC-1401.0

It has a status code ofd 10202_AC11_HCB idf that means anything to someone.

Since between us we've tried soundbars that fail on the Samsung TV on other TV's and they work perfectly it really does look as if Samsung have done something, possibly in a recent software update, to cause the failure that affects so many of us across the world.

If you are reading this please post your TV software version here saying whether of not you have experienced this problem. I'm hoping we can tie it down to a particular software version.

Look forward to hearing from you.

John

0 Likes
froschling1
Apprentice
Options

I've been talking to Samsung UK (via Twitter) who have been extremely helpful. They suggested ensuring the soundbar software was uptodate but before I was able to do that, I found the soundbar was working again.

I had done nothing but, perhaps it was only a coincidence, we'd had electricians in the house installing a new oven and they turned off the electrivity completely for about half an hour. I am left wondering if the half-an-hour power outage was sufficient to drain any residual power that might have been maintaining whatever configuration was affecting the HDMI ARC connection? 

The TV and soundbar have been working for several days so I'm hoping whatever caused the problem has been reset. Of course you never know do you?

ColoColorado
Student
Options

The same thing happened to me, "magically" everything started working again without touching anything... Maybe it was some update. But for now problem solved.