Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

HT-J4500 home cinema, cycling on and off repeatedly.

(Topic created on: 21-06-2020 01:58 AM)
scotchbaz
Navigator
Options

Although I've had it a good few years, never having a problem with it, my home cinema system is throwing a fit. It seemed to start when the blu ray/ dvd drawer wouldn't fully extend. I gently pulled it and inserted the disc and it seemed to work okay. The next day, when I switched it on, it now cycles through "LOAD", "No DISC" repeatedly, even when trying to use "D in", "AUX" or any other setting. I've disconected the drive from the rest of the unit, no difference. I've reset the unit whilst it was in stand by mode, nothing. It's not dirty inside, all very clean looking. Anyone know what's going on... Please help.

I've looked over the net all to no avail. 

1,076 REPLIES 1,076
aosilva
Explorer
Options

Hi Douglas36,
The Samsung Europian and South America Communities are full of statements from users around the world with the same problem. I think that it is important to register our statement at Samsung Brazil Community. So, I started a thread there about this same issue. If you have a chance, please, take the time to make a statement there too. The link is below. Cheers.

https://r1.community.samsung.com/t5/Áudio-e-Vídeo/Home-Theater-HT-J5520WK-reiniciando-sem-parar/td-p...

ryanplym
Apprentice
Options

Same problem here. I have found that placing a DVD into the system give you extra time to navigate around the menus but unfortunately will not allow you to select anything. Although it does provide the unit with enough time to grab a IP address and provide brief network connectivity so hopefully Samsung can use this to hook some kind of leverage to apply a firmware update

Georgey
Pioneer
Options

This it's my new avatar.FB_IMG_1592694352107.jpg

Douglas36
Apprentice
Options
Obrigado amigooo!
Já postei a minha reclamação na comunidade Samsung Brasil. Tambem acionei o Reclame Aqui e o suporte técnico da Samsung
No reclame aqui tem outros reclamações tbm, inclusive a pessoa levou na autorizada e eles não sabem resolver o problema
Georgey
Pioneer
Options

I understand if you put a DVD will stay up more time....then you plug the stick with update..you may have time to update.

It's a opinion only..

Candyyaz
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same issues, since Friday ! I believe this started late Thursday evening

0 Likes
Brb602
Apprentice
Options

I just called Samsung and both their auto attendant and the tech support person I spoke with are fully aware of the issue. They told me they can push out a fix to the issue remotely without user interaction. As long as it is plugged into the internet via the ethernet connection and plugged into the power (wether the device is turned on or off) the update will be pushed to the device when the patch is available. No ETA on the update yet.

aosilva
Explorer
Options

This problem was caused by a failure and not by misuse. This flaw affected the devices of several consumers of Samsung Home Theaters and Blu-rays around the world.

Samsung is taking too long to make a public statement about this global problem and how they will help all customers around the world.

As a consequence, now, people started a petition at charge.org to be sent to Samsung to force the company to give a answer to all the customers. Here is the link:

https://www.change.org/p/samsung-samsung-has-to-pay-to-their-customers-for-the-global-demage-caused-...

Nano59
First Poster
Options

Mine started to do extacly the same thing yesterday (Friday in California). There hasn't been a software update in a long time, so it must be built into the existing software, like a millenium bug.

Jay86
Explorer
Options

Yes that sounds like a good thing. They can PUSH the patch just as the 'faulty' update was pushed( by Scam-sung or by sonebody else may be?) 

But what if the faulty update prevents the new patch to be pushed in the system? I don't believe- (I wish I would be wrong)- that the malicious update maker would leave this loophole to it's update where Scam-sung can actually FIX the issue. Although this would only apply in case where the faulty update was created and pushed by third party.