Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Freestyle update removes home screen

(Topic created on: 17-06-2023 07:52 AM)
ChaoticGoodNewbie
Journeyman
Options

On 16th June 2023 the update removed the home screen so that apps can only be selected via voice search. Same for when navigating via the smart things mobile app, so not hardware specific.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
AHochreiter
Apprentice
Options

Hi folks, after a long time trying, I got my freestyle running again.

Here's a quick guide on how it should work:

1. first switch on the device and wait until the house symbol disappears and the screen is black
2. then press and hold the off button on the device (not on the remote control) for at least 5 seconds
3. then immediately release the off button on the device and press and hold the off button on the remote control for at least 5 seconds
4. the device will reboot and after a few seconds to minutes a flush reset should be performed
5. the device will reboot again and shows the setup screen
6. after the new setup, the smart hub should work again

If it does not work, repeat the process, as it may be that the off button on the device was not pressed long enough or the switch between pressing the off button on the device and then on the remote control was unsuccessful. The process of first pressing the off button on the device and then on the remote control must happen smoothly and there must not be too much time between them. I know, it's a bit confusing, but that is how a flush reset works on this device.

Please leave a comment if it works or not. 🙂

View solution in context

57 REPLIES 57
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
Can you not re-add it back onto your home screen??
This can be done in 2 ways. Goto any space on your home screen and press it. You should then be able to add a widget. If freestyle has a widget then great, if not then try option 2.
Goto your freestyle app and again press on it. You will get some options of which you can add to homescreen.
0 Likes
ChaoticGoodNewbie
Journeyman
Options

Option 1 is impossible as there is no home screen at all.  Pressing the home button as no effect whatsoever.  Holding the home button allows access to the TV schedule, numeric entry and settings.  From there it is possible to see the installed apps and select the add to home screen option, however they were all already there 2 days ago and continue to be there, I just cant access the home screen at all.  The smart tings app on my mobile shows no apps whatsoever, which is just wrong.  I can only access apps such as Youtube by doing an audio search.  Not the best workaround.

0 Likes
ChaoticGoodNewbie
Journeyman
Options

BTW in the settings I told the projector to default to the home screen rather than the last input/app, which results in a blank display.

0 Likes
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
This is from the app pageScreenshot_20230617_113958_One UI Home.jpg
0 Likes
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
This is the home page with widgets Screenshot_20230617_114133_One UI Home.jpg
0 Likes
ChaoticGoodNewbie
Journeyman
Options

Sorry, I'm talking specifically about the home page on the Samsung Freestyle projector itself not appearing following yesterday's firmware update.  I have to use the SmartThings app on my phone to act as a remote and navigate to the TV channels.

After 2 calls to Samsung customer support, and changing the auto DNS  to 8.8.8.8 they somehow managed to disable the voice button on the remote too.  Now to select apps I have to say "Hey Bixby" ... "YouTube" and it might work on the 5th attempt.

Despite being a firmware issue, because I purchased at launch I'm now out of warranty and they said I should take it to a authorised repair center.  I have done a factory reset 3 times and it doesn't appear to be able to roll back the changes.

0 Likes
DiegoCaraciolo
Apprentice
Options

Estou com o mesmo problema. O sistema foi atualizado para o 1503, no dia 24/06/2023. Desde essa última atualização que não consigo acessar mais nada do SMARTHUB, somente pelo comando de voz. Também restaurei as configurações 3 vezes e nada de aparecer o meu SMARTHUB (botão Home do controle). 

0 Likes
StephK1
Options

Hey @DiegoCaraciolo! You're currently posting on the UK Samsung Community, so to ensure our users are able to fully understand your message, I have included a translation below: 

"I have the same problem. The system was updated to 1503, on 06/24/2023. Since this last update, I can't access anything else from SMARTHUB, only by voice command. I also restored the settings 3 times and my SMARTHUB (Home button on the control) did not appear."

I would recommend posting in English if possible to ensure our Community can understand and provide their support. If you would prefer to head to the Portuguese Samsung Community, you can do so here: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/portugu%C3%AAs/ct-p/pt?

Hope this helps 🙂

0 Likes
LukeAU
First Poster
Options

I’m having the exact same issue. All of a sudden I turned on my freestyle projector and there’s no Home Screen whatsoever - the projector is now useless and I’m unable to use it. I don’t even have voice activation enabled on mine.