Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Freestyle update removes home screen

(Topic created on: 21-07-2023 12:42 PM)
ChaoticGoodNewbie
Journeyman
Options

On 16th June 2023 the update removed the home screen so that apps can only be selected via voice search. Same for when navigating via the smart things mobile app, so not hardware specific.

57 REPLIES 57
andrei b
Apprentice
Options

This is terrible. Unfortunately it doesn’t affect a flagship product and the user-base doesn’t seem to be that big. 

I will never buy something from Samsung ever again. I had the projector for two weeks and was extremely happy with it prior to the update. Really disappointed. 

Psicocinema
Journeyman
Options

I made a temporary solution to use it with an old fire TV an the power is via a HUB usb c dock station. So it doesn't spare too much space. It's better than nothing 

0 Likes
x9moto
Explorer
Options

Still no word from technical support regarding this since it was elevated over 3 weeks ago, how long do they really expect us to wait for a fix on a product costing over £500?

x9moto
Explorer
Options

Problem is we dont have usb ports so how would we install?

The type c is a pd port im not sure a hub capable of 100w pd power exists does it?

Can we even support a usb drive?

Psicocinema
Journeyman
Options

Yes, I have a dock station with Usb C, ann I use it to see movies in a pen drive. I told IT support to give me a copy of the precious firmware but they didn't 

0 Likes
x9moto
Explorer
Options

Typical, im seriously thinking of going to a benq projector and cutting my losses with this.

Their ultra short throw gaming one looks good and has almost the same lamp life in eco mode but with over 2000 lumens!

The 250w plus power consumption is a bit of a pain for my application being on leisure batteries though.

Dont see the point going for any of the other low powered projectors as the image quality is said to be bad.

Solution
AHochreiter
Apprentice
Options

Hi folks, after a long time trying, I got my freestyle running again.

Here's a quick guide on how it should work:

1. first switch on the device and wait until the house symbol disappears and the screen is black
2. then press and hold the off button on the device (not on the remote control) for at least 5 seconds
3. then immediately release the off button on the device and press and hold the off button on the remote control for at least 5 seconds
4. the device will reboot and after a few seconds to minutes a flush reset should be performed
5. the device will reboot again and shows the setup screen
6. after the new setup, the smart hub should work again

If it does not work, repeat the process, as it may be that the off button on the device was not pressed long enough or the switch between pressing the off button on the device and then on the remote control was unsuccessful. The process of first pressing the off button on the device and then on the remote control must happen smoothly and there must not be too much time between them. I know, it's a bit confusing, but that is how a flush reset works on this device.

Please leave a comment if it works or not. 🙂

DiegoCaraciolo
Apprentice
Options

First, I want to say that the problem also arrived in the freestyle tropicalized by Samsung in Brazil.

I'll follow the friend's flush reset guidance above. If it works, or not, I'll share it with you right away.

Forgive me any spelling mistakes, remembering, I'm Brazilian with a little knowledge of the English language; 

0 Likes
andrei b
Apprentice
Options

I can confirm that this works! Thank you so much for posting the steps. It worked for me on the third try. Everything is back to normal and smart hub works fine!

Glad I did not listen to Samsung support that suggested I send it in for diagnosis a few days ago. 

Psicocinema
Journeyman
Options

At the second try I got it fixed. Thanks a lot. 

And thanks to the Samsung Community, not to the IT support