Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio Delay with HW-Q700B Soundbar When Activating Spatial Sound on Windows 11

(Topic created on: 15-02-2024 08:03 PM)
alonisrael123
Journeyman
Options

Hello everyone,

I'm experiencing an audio delay when I enable Dolby Atmos on Windows 11. My setup includes a Samsung S95B TV, Q700B soundbar, and SWA 9500S rear speakers. I've attached a screenshot for reference. I've tried the following steps:

1. Connected the HDMI 2.1 cable to the appropriate ports on both the soundbar and the TV.

2. Enabled 'Signal Plus' on the TV and selected 'Game Mode Sound' (though I'm unsure of its relevance to this issue).

3. Subscribed to Dolby Access to activate Dolby Atmos.

4. The TV has a Digital Output Audio Delay option but Even with it set to 0, There is still a very noticeable delay.

Previously, I encountered the same problem with a Sony A83J TV and a Q700A soundbar. 

Does anyone have any insights on what I might be overlooking? 

Untitled.png

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
Robin999
Big Cheese
Options
Is there a separate delay setting on the soundbar menu or the TV
0 Likes
alonisrael123
Journeyman
Options

The TV has a Digital Output Audio Delay option but Even with it set to 0, There is still a very noticeable delay.

0 Likes
Robin999
Big Cheese
Options
I think we're looking at the same website...just seen your post
https://www.reddit.com/r/htpc/comments/wog1c5/atmos_in_windows_11_causes_sound_delay_lip_sync/
0 Likes
alonisrael123
Journeyman
Options

Yeah, a little hopeless here. Atmos sounds so good, but delayed...

0 Likes
Robin999
Big Cheese
Options
Yeah it'd be a shame if you have to replace your soundbar. You could try that suggestion about reverting to Windows 10 if you are able.
0 Likes
alonisrael123
Journeyman
Options

Hi! Can anyone really get Dolby Atmos on PC without a delay? I have to switch the digital output from Auto to Passthrough, but then the soundbar screen shows "Stereo Multi Channel PCM" instead of Dolby Atmos.

Sync is on 0 on both the soundbar and TV. 

Please only answer if you're getting perfect Atmos and it's shown on your soundbar.

0 Likes
AnotherThing
Explorer
Options

So far i discovered that Dolby Atmos offered by Windows 11 isn't actually a true dolby atmos. It only acts as a software emulation, badly implemented hence you hear the delay. I guess the only way to use Dolby Atmos on Windows is running a proper player with native Dolby Atmos content with pass-through. Then you can see a "Dolby Atmos" text on your soundbar display.

0 Likes