Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera lens protectors - Warning ⚠️

(Topic created on: 13-01-2024 09:15 AM)
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I used to have this fitted to my old S20 Ultra, but quickly realised it affected the camera lens focusing and a very faint tinge, so I removed it after a week and just stuck it on a mobile stand.

I have tried a few times to remove it and failed, so today used brute force and a knife, even then it only came off in small pieces.

Maybe worrying if say it gets scratched and you decide to replace it on the mobile, would cause serious damage.

Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
2 REPLIES 2
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
In all the years of having smartphones. Only once did I get a slight mark on a camera lens. Even then it was a freak accident when I dropped the phone and it landed on the camera lens first on some stuff I had on a table.

I did use a lens protector, and quickly realised my photos were affected. So haven't used one since.
keith30
Maestro
Options
Samsung actually recommends not to use any camera protector due to that fact, that it can damage the camera lens if when trying to remove them even throu a lot of people do use them.