Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Two-step Verification

(Topic created on: 2 weeks ago)
Plodd
Student
Options

My husband received his new Samsung Galaxy A05s today. He activated the new SIM without any problems, however, he's unable to activate the two-step verification for his Samsung account because the code is being sent to his old  Galaxy A50 which is damaged and inaccessible. Any advice would be appreciated.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
OmegaMutant
Pioneer
Options
You should have the option to receive the code via text message instead - assuming the samsung account has his current number on it.

If you're on the initial set up process, skip the step of signing into samsung account and set up through settings > accounts and back up > manage accounts > add account

If the samsung account doesn't have an update to number on it then I'd speak to accounts team to update it on 0800 995 1079

View solution in context

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
OmegaMutant
Pioneer
Options
You should have the option to receive the code via text message instead - assuming the samsung account has his current number on it.

If you're on the initial set up process, skip the step of signing into samsung account and set up through settings > accounts and back up > manage accounts > add account

If the samsung account doesn't have an update to number on it then I'd speak to accounts team to update it on 0800 995 1079
Plodd
Student
Options

Thanks for your prompt response,  . I did as you suggested and skipped the step signing into the Samsung account. My husband managed to find his back-up codes so all okay now.