Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong region showing on Samsung Watch 3

(Topic created on: 25-01-2021 02:23 PM)
Pawlson
First Poster
Options

Hello all,

Sorry to bother you but I bought a Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 online and received it today, but when setting it up, the countries showing were mostly from the middle-east and no european countries were to be seen.

I have chosen UAE just to try to start using the phone, but I am not sure if it has all the functions working as it should. 

Is there a way to change this via software without breaking the warranty or should I just complain to the seller and try to get an European version?

The model number is SM-R840NZKAMEA with a MFD 2020.09.14.

Regarding the software it has Tizen 5.5.0.1 / R840XXU1BTG6 / SM-R840NZKAXSG.

I have an update pending that I haven't installed yet, but I am not sure if it will resolve my issue.

Can you help me please?

5 REPLIES 5
WayneED
First Poster
Options
Hi. Just wondering did you get your watch 3 sorted as I bought my watch 3 online last week and when it arrived today it wouldn't go past the language / region settings at start up. I pressed English UK but it came up with middle East and African regions!?! Kind of hoping you got it sorted and didn't give it back for a refund lol!
0 Likes
rockyclay
Student
Options

Got the same issue. Just got the watch today and only choices for region were mostly Middle East and Africa. I actually just want to know if any of the features will be suppressed if these are the only regions available in my watch.

0 Likes
Kfy
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue with a watch 3 I just bought on-line, I can choose the preferred language, but only Eastern Europe countries show for choosing the region.  Did anyone figure out what needs to be done, or does it even matter?

Thanks!

0 Likes
rockyclay
Student
Options

Doesn't seem to matter so much I think. Been using my watch for over a month and haven't really noticed anything missing in the features. I think the region you choose may have something to do with the health features available since not all countries' health authorities have certified things like ECG and Blood Oxygen monitors. I chose to use UAE region and seems fine.

0 Likes
Lil Ray Black
First Poster
Options

I encountered the same issue and here's what I did, I tried selecting a different region since there's no English region showing on the list. I paired the watch to my phone and I updated the software through galaxy wearable app, after that I reset the watch thru the wearable app and set the watch just how like I got it in the first place.  And it didn't work, I mail-in my watch instead to have it fixed.

0 Likes