Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workout in Samsung Health on phone, but can't find on Galaxy Watch?

(Topic created on: 25-06-2019 05:35 PM)
formergr
Apprentice
Options

Hi all-

When I open the Samsung Health app on my phone, I can select rowing (outdoors) as a workout. If I go into that exercise (still on phone app), it even shows my Galaxy Watch (42mm) as an accessory that is connected.

But when I try to select that activity as a workout directly on my watch (so that I don't need to have my phone with me on the water), it doesn't show up. Just about every other exercise that appears in the phone Samsung Health app can be accessed on my watch, but not that one. (I do have Rowing Machine, but that has no GPS functions for obvious reasons, so isn't useful to me). 

Anyone know if I'm doing something wrong, or if just that activity is not a feature on the watch for whatever reason?

171 REPLIES 171
InfamousQBert
First Poster
Options

adding to the request here. I just upgraded my watch from the tiny Fit to the Active 2 and was shocked to see how limited the options were on the new "better" watch. The Fit was directly controlled by my phone, so I could add whatever workouts I wanted from my phone to my watch, but it's an independent app on the Active2, and super limited. This makes no sense at all.

0 Likes
Slyd9ido
First Poster
Options

It is completely nonsense that the Samsung Health app and Galaxy watches do not have the same work out options. The whole point of having the watch is to avoid bringing a bulky smart phone while working out.  Please make the options the same!!!

Super disappointed in my Galaxy 2 watch after finding out that cross country skiing is not a watch option, and that the running workout will only track your route if you run for long enough.  My three- year old Garmin watch is easier to use, more practical and more accurate. 

Cazly
Student
Options

2021 and this is still an issue. Why did I buy a watch to track my workout activity when that activity won't even show up on my watch?

bulitia
Student
Options

Can we get someone from Samsung to comment on this? The watch is even labelled as "Active"

Tip to others: For some workouts I use UA Map my run, which has a little more workout options, and sync these into Samsung Health. It works, but its an annoying extra step....

Bertholucci1
First Poster
Options

Most funny thing, they have it shown running in GW3 TV commercial  :smiling-face:

0 Likes
tturini
Apprentice
Options

Any news here? I just bought my Galaxy Watch3 and I'm suffering from the same problem, no consistency between App and Watch. In my case Squash appear on App but not in the Watch 

whla
Student
Options

Welp a year after I commented here about this, I switched to an Android wear watch. All work outs are included on watch, bye Samsung

Megroj
Apprentice
Options

You know what's funny? That this thread is marked as resolved 🤣

Is not! 2021 and still nothing. Thinks like rock climbing or even simpler rope skiping. Who does rope skiping with his phone?

JDub1963
Student
Options

Add me to the list of those who find this baffling. I want to my watch to track my activity when I play tennis. As some have said, tennis is in the Samsung Health app on my phone, but it isn't an option on my Gear S3. Who would play tennis with their phone in their pocket?

JDub1963
Student
Options

Here it is January 26, 2021 and this still isn't resolved. Any update AndrewL?