Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workout in Samsung Health on phone, but can't find on Galaxy Watch? TAKE 2-2021

(Topic created on: 19-05-2021 06:07 PM)
ShivDevon
Journeyman
Options
So I am reposting this query following a longstanding thread (see link below) which Samsung have marked as resolved - I hasn't been resolved nor responded to. 

The below is a quote from the original thread but the principle is the same and the problem still exists.

Samsung - could we 1) ask for a formal response from yourselves as customers who have spent millions of £/$ on your watches 2) could you please allow all the exercises on the Samsung Health app to appear and work on the watch? 

"When I open the Samsung Health app on my phone, I can select rowing (outdoors) as a workout. If I go into that exercise (still on phone app), it even shows my Galaxy Watch (42mm) as an accessory that is connected. But when I try to select that activity as a workout directly on my watch (so that I don't need to have my phone with me on the water), it doesn't show up" The same is thr case for many other excerices that just do not cross over between a watch and app and the app has exercises you just wouldn't take your phone with you and the reason you bought a watch!! Such as snorkeling!!!

Thank you in advance! 
36 REPLIES 36
JB-91
Journeyman
Options

Hi,

has there been any feedback from Samsung yet?

Please keep us posted! 

Thank you and Br, JB

ShivDevon
Journeyman
Options
Not just yet. They replied and said they needed my serial number etc from my watch (why I don't know) so awaiting a response. Will deffo update when I do. Thanks
BD Athletics
Apprentice
Options

Still looking for a workaround, for my indoor sports of badadminton, squash and racketball and sometimes tennis, I resorted to using the treadmill exercise for badminton, squash and rachetball.  It captures everything I want, not sure of the accureacy but at least I can use the data relative to each session.   I would like to rename each session afterwards so I can track each activity individually, but SHealth doesn`t let us rename the activites either.  This would be a very simple solution.

ShivDevon
Journeyman
Options
Samsung have responded and have tried to call but missed the call as I was at work. I asked them to email me but they haven't done this. A bit frustrating really .
0 Likes
Bea_C
First Poster
Options

Same issue here!! 

I just bought the galaxy active 2 , and I can't find the squash (and many others) option  in the watch!! Samsung fix this, please! 

ashoneil
First Poster
Options

Seriously, you'd think this function would be a given, considering the watch app syncs directly to the phone app... why aren't all the sports/activity options the same. 

I just got the Active 2 watch and am disappointed with this glaring omission! 

Samsung, get your act together if you want to be competitive in the fitness tracking market! 

batboris
First Poster
Options

I'm a rower as well. I was using the Galaxy watch till now. I was bringing my phone in the boat just to track the speed. I bought the Galaxy Watch 4 Classic hoping that the Wear OS will solve the issue. There was a brief moment of joy when I saw on the watch the option to add activity from the phone and I was able to add the rowing (outdoors) to the watch. Unfortunately, my joy lasted only one training session. Although the activity was added to the watch, the GPS is not used to track distance and speed if you don't get the phone with you in the boat. Then, I've installed Google Fit on the watch and I can track my rowing with GPS. So, it is not hardware limitation, but pure software one. I'm moving to using Google Fit although I really like the Samsung Health app. The next step will be to buy a Garmin watch and who knows, maybe stop buying Samsung phones. There is absolutely no point for me to stay in this ecosystem as it is not suitable for anyone else except casual runners, walkers and cyclers. When I say "casual" I don't mean the effort. I mean the information tracked. I'm sure the watch is capable of tracking much more than just steps. I'm sure it can track rowing strokes and some specific movements for other sports. If Samsung were clever they would not have the rowing on the phone, but only on the watch as it makes much more sense to row with a water resistant device securely attached to your hand than putting a $1000+  phone that cannot swim in a boat :smiling-face:

Mohamed Samy
First Poster
Options

Same for me

0 Likes
mkades1981
First Poster
Options

Thought only me had this issue. Has been looking for a solution for days. Interesting because before I could see the (+) sign on my gear… after a while (some update) and just disappear.

what surprise me is, that Samsung team is aware of this issue since 2019, and up to now September 14, 2021… NO SOLUTION.

My first Samsung product.. AND LAST.

APP for Apple users, very limited.

many troubles while sync.

And this issue here… NOT POSSIBLE TO ADD NEW EXERCISES ON WATCH.

perfect, thanks LS Samsung. Almost a thousand for a “smart” watch that doesn’t work.

Members_nz43xfr
Apprentice
Options

I have Watch4.

For some reason the gps tracking does not seem to be enabled for all Sports / Training types. It is enabled when for example walking or running but not when kite surfing. Really bad.

I have tried to find info on the different training types to see which ones that has gps enebled but I gave not succeeded.