Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workout in Samsung Health on phone, but can't find on Galaxy Watch?

(Topic created on: 15-05-2021 08:23 PM)
formergr
Apprentice
Options

Hi all-

When I open the Samsung Health app on my phone, I can select rowing (outdoors) as a workout. If I go into that exercise (still on phone app), it even shows my Galaxy Watch (42mm) as an accessory that is connected.

But when I try to select that activity as a workout directly on my watch (so that I don't need to have my phone with me on the water), it doesn't show up. Just about every other exercise that appears in the phone Samsung Health app can be accessed on my watch, but not that one. (I do have Rowing Machine, but that has no GPS functions for obvious reasons, so isn't useful to me). 

Anyone know if I'm doing something wrong, or if just that activity is not a feature on the watch for whatever reason?

171 REPLIES 171
rolls0ut
First Poster
Options

Just bought my Active and yeah  still in 2021 you do not have basketball and many more on the watch. Annoying Samsung!!!

KholaI
Options

Hey again.

Apologies for the delayed response but thank you for your suggestion. I've passed this on to our Research and Development Team and I'll let you know as soon as I get a response.

KholaI
Options

Hey all,

I've got a little update on this. The Developers say that they plan to provide an 'Other workout' option which will allow you to record data using the GPS, HRM, etc. This will be available at some point in the year, but I'm unable to provide an exact date or time frame.

0 Likes
Sarahjz
First Poster
Options

Samsung please fix this! This is so annoying!

Members_8JtU9sY
Apprentice
Options

How is it possible that the most practiced (team) sport in the world soccer is still not selectable through the watch?

This may keep me from purchasing the GW4

rugby49
Explorer
Options

It will never happen now. Next version will be Android and support wear. Any new watch by Samsung will not be upgraded to new OS. If you just bought return it. 

CatG81
First Poster
Options
Id like dancing workout added to the watch please. Can add it only on phone.
0 Likes
Kneth
Explorer
Options

Any update on this?

Can we add the activity Aerobics to the watch? How?

NanaD
First Poster
Options

Silly that something as generic as aerobics and dancing aren't available on the watch. Fit bit was better

lifeid
First Poster
Options

Available on the watch4 but not the watch3, typical Samsung disregard as in phone updates. 

0 Likes