Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workout in Samsung Health on phone, but can't find on Galaxy Watch?

(Topic created on: 13-02-2021 12:16 PM)
formergr
Apprentice
Options

Hi all-

When I open the Samsung Health app on my phone, I can select rowing (outdoors) as a workout. If I go into that exercise (still on phone app), it even shows my Galaxy Watch (42mm) as an accessory that is connected.

But when I try to select that activity as a workout directly on my watch (so that I don't need to have my phone with me on the water), it doesn't show up. Just about every other exercise that appears in the phone Samsung Health app can be accessed on my watch, but not that one. (I do have Rowing Machine, but that has no GPS functions for obvious reasons, so isn't useful to me). 

Anyone know if I'm doing something wrong, or if just that activity is not a feature on the watch for whatever reason?

171 REPLIES 171
tturini
Apprentice
Options

I play Squash, definitely I'll not play with my phone in my pocket. I don't understand why this problem is chacked as solved! 

tturini
Apprentice
Options

Is this a solution??? 

ugadawag239
Student
Options

I would also like to add golf as an option and this is not possible.  This would be great as this is one reason I bought the watch.  May have to go Garmin next time I suppose.

ugadawag239
Student
Options

That would be fantastic!  Thanks

0 Likes
RovingEyes
First Poster
Options

Hello, has this been solved yet? I want to add badminton and squash to the watch, or any exercise that is in the samsung health app. These are both samsung devices and app. Why is this an issue? Surely a software update can solve this? 

Thank you. 

0 Likes
kevla
First Poster
Options
how do I access the results of my workouts from my watch on my phone eg bike rides
0 Likes
Members_9BeYYik
Journeyman
Options

Why is this topic labelled "solved" . Obsiously it is not !

Same problem as reported by many other users. Why sports avalaible on the phone are not avalaible  on the watch !?

I just wonder if any Samsung employee/ingeneer/moderator read any of these post ?

It seems like Samsung despises his clients 

tturini
Apprentice
Options

Exactly! 

0 Likes
SA666
Apprentice
Options

I think as we are complaining about it on their internal forum they are not really paying any attention. 

We need to start posting this on social media so that the world knows how stupid their engineers is. I am forced to use my older watch while paying as the latest watch have no capability to track any of the games I play...squash, badminton......and they have events like Burpees, leg curls etc....as if they expect a person to do one exercise...then change settings for another exercise and so on......STUPID! 

mayera
Journeyman
Options

Dear @AndrewL,

well, I’m sorry, but this is definitely not a solution. What do the R&D guys say, what is the reason of not developing this feature? It’s almost two years since the original post was written with this problem. It’s too sad that many people are disappointing and sending their Watch, Active 2 and Watch 3 wearables back because of the lack of this basic function. Could you, please tell us when this feature is planned to be developed into the smartwatches?

Thank you,

Adam