Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workout in Samsung Health on phone, but can't find on Galaxy Watch?

(Topic created on: 25-08-2020 02:41 AM)
formergr
Apprentice
Options

Hi all-

When I open the Samsung Health app on my phone, I can select rowing (outdoors) as a workout. If I go into that exercise (still on phone app), it even shows my Galaxy Watch (42mm) as an accessory that is connected.

But when I try to select that activity as a workout directly on my watch (so that I don't need to have my phone with me on the water), it doesn't show up. Just about every other exercise that appears in the phone Samsung Health app can be accessed on my watch, but not that one. (I do have Rowing Machine, but that has no GPS functions for obvious reasons, so isn't useful to me). 

Anyone know if I'm doing something wrong, or if just that activity is not a feature on the watch for whatever reason?

171 REPLIES 171
Mgibs66
First Poster
Options

Please add other activities such as basketball, boxing, and volleyball to the list. 

Garrik1995
Student
Options

Got the NEW galaxy watch 3... Same issue! No sports has been added! Ridiculous Samsung! You are really making loyal clients switch to apple...

rugby49
Explorer
Options

And none of the reviewers so far have even mentioned that you are not able to add an exercise from S Health.  Nothing has changed.  Return it while you still can.

0 Likes
JenniferRDN
Apprentice
Options

yes I would really like aerobics to be accessible directly from my watch so I don't manually have to change it later. I already have to manually add it to Weight Watchers. It would be great if activities could sync directly there as well like fitbit does...

0 Likes
JenniferRDN
Apprentice
Options

Could you please add aerobics, kayaking, and paddle boarding directly to the Galaxy Active Watch. Also Could you add Hackey Sack to both the S Health app on the Galaxy S10e and the Galaxy Active Watch. If possible could you make workouts sync to WW too? That would be awesome. Spent a long time today editing my workouts manually and transferring them to WW. Thanks!

0 Likes
JenniferRDN
Apprentice
Options

Dang no new workouts 😕 thanks for sharing. No need to upgrade then.

0 Likes
Kneth
Explorer
Options

The Samsung watch is an useless piece of expensive junk. All customers were taken for a ride and Samsung is enjoying the profits silently. They never reply.

0 Likes
Nonmap
First Poster
Options

It is now more than a year later since Andrew passed this to the R&D team. Any update? I just bought my active 2, mainly because I saw a review that S Health has boxing and football. Only to find out they are not on the watch. It just doesn't make sense to me.

rugby49
Explorer
Options

S Health has numerous activities. Samsung refuses to allow changes on their devices. Been like this for years. Reviewers always fail to mention this fact and never respond to comments about it. Send it back. 

0 Likes
MrESVOR
Apprentice
Options

What does '... refuses to allow changes on their devices' mean?  I believe this would be a software update and I receive those regularly on my watch.  Is CI/CD not a part of Samsung's business model for all of their products?

0 Likes