Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workout in Samsung Health on phone, but can't find on Galaxy Watch?

(Topic created on: 09-07-2020 02:33 PM)
formergr
Apprentice
Options

Hi all-

When I open the Samsung Health app on my phone, I can select rowing (outdoors) as a workout. If I go into that exercise (still on phone app), it even shows my Galaxy Watch (42mm) as an accessory that is connected.

But when I try to select that activity as a workout directly on my watch (so that I don't need to have my phone with me on the water), it doesn't show up. Just about every other exercise that appears in the phone Samsung Health app can be accessed on my watch, but not that one. (I do have Rowing Machine, but that has no GPS functions for obvious reasons, so isn't useful to me). 

Anyone know if I'm doing something wrong, or if just that activity is not a feature on the watch for whatever reason?

171 REPLIES 171
Nuclearcity
Apprentice
Options
0 Likes
adrian2325
Explorer
Options

Seems like they don't want to change anything, they don't care about the popular demanded.

Kneth
Explorer
Options

@MoustafaMoez wrote:

Did you find any solution for this as i'm also facing the same 

Nothing for far. SAMSUNG is not responding either! So it is obvious they have no solution.

0 Likes
rugby49
Explorer
Options

People have been buying each generation totally unaware they cannot do this. It has never been mentioned or discussed by any reviewers, hard to believe as it is always mentioned for Apple and Garmin but completely ignored for every Samsung wearable review. By the time users figure it out it is too late to return. No change will occur until reviewers raise this as an issue and people stop buying. Money talks. 

JFRower
First Poster
Options

I have been using Walking as it uses the GPS and is closest to my rowing pace. But it would make total sense to actually have Rowing (on the water). I am so glad you posted because I thought I was missing something as rowing was on my phone but not the watch.

adrian2325
Explorer
Options

Its pretty sad iPhone has this locked issue locked down. I can't find anything close to a dynamic workout in regular settings, but THANKFULLY samsung put the arm curls in there, i cant live without that, nevermind the normal sports and lifestyle activities, who needs those right?

0 Likes
Kneth
Explorer
Options

@rugby49 wrote:

People have been buying each generation totally unaware they cannot do this. It has never been mentioned or discussed by any reviewers, hard to believe as it is always mentioned for Apple and Garmin but completely ignored for every Samsung wearable review. By the time users figure it out it is too late to return. No change will occur until reviewers raise this as an issue and people stop buying. Money talks. 

This is what I cant understand 

On page 146 of the SM-R815F English user Manual it says >>> Page 146.jpg

0 Likes
MrESVOR
Apprentice
Options

I share everyone's frustration that Sumsung does not appear to use these discussion boards to support continuous product improvement.  When I see a topic like this sit unaddressed for more than a year, it causes me to conclude that Samsung is not committed to being a leader in the smart watch space and I start searching for a company that is.  It is disappointing because they did some good things with this product but that can only carry them for so long.

smblack
First Poster
Options

Is anything happening here? Seems a year later to still be a problem, there are many workouts on the phone not available on the watch

Shivydevon
Student
Options

Nothing happening here unfortunately. People find this post feeling hopeful only to realise nothing happens here. 

As people aren't leaving review with this issue I wonder if its worth emailing the CEO as an option on the Samsung co text us page - see ljnk below 

https://contactus.samsung.com/customer/contactus/formmail/mail/MailQuestionGeneralNew.jsp?siteId=594...

Perhaps if we all emailed with a link to this discussion perhaps they would look into it more? Screenshot_20200712-225434_Chrome.jpg

0 Likes