Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workout in Samsung Health on phone, but can't find on Galaxy Watch?

(Topic created on: 02-07-2020 04:12 PM)
formergr
Apprentice
Options

Hi all-

When I open the Samsung Health app on my phone, I can select rowing (outdoors) as a workout. If I go into that exercise (still on phone app), it even shows my Galaxy Watch (42mm) as an accessory that is connected.

But when I try to select that activity as a workout directly on my watch (so that I don't need to have my phone with me on the water), it doesn't show up. Just about every other exercise that appears in the phone Samsung Health app can be accessed on my watch, but not that one. (I do have Rowing Machine, but that has no GPS functions for obvious reasons, so isn't useful to me). 

Anyone know if I'm doing something wrong, or if just that activity is not a feature on the watch for whatever reason?

171 REPLIES 171
diaabo
Apprentice
Options
Na... they will never do it. No replies here, actually, almost no new versions. For such a big company, they don't deliver much. Software seems the same as the last time I had a samsung back in 2017
0 Likes
rugby49
Explorer
Options

It has never been resolved and never will be unless the Tweeters, Streamers and websites reviewing Samsung devices actually mention this. It's been 4 years and no movement from Samsung on a basic feature. Hopeless. 

Nuclearcity
Apprentice
Options

I have had contact with Samsung Support US on Twitter (private messages).

Samsung:

We have been informed about this issue and we are still working on a fix for this. My sincere apologies for the inconvenience this may cause you. ^Alfred

Me:

That's good to hear thanks a lot. Can you tell me, when this issue was adressed to Samsung and for how long Samsung has been working on it to fix it?

Samsung:

It has been about 1 week, as well we sent this feedback to our software developers for future updates. ^Alfred

Hopefully it won't take another 4 years to feed us with an update 💁🏻‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Keep on contacting Samsung! Our voices must and will be heard 🙂

https://twitter.com/SamsungSupport?s=09

adrian2325
Explorer
Options

its pretty ridiculous at this point. I will do my best to make a statement on these community chats everyday.

Kneth
Explorer
Options

@VallyWill wrote:

Hello,

Has this problem been figured out yet? I also have more then 2 workouts that I would like to add to my watch, and not have to pick up my phone. 

Sincerely, Val.

Even Aerobics is missing! Nothing done by Samsung about this.

0 Likes
Kneth
Explorer
Options

@adrian2325 wrote:

hello, has this issue been resolved because I still can't access the other workouts 

Nothing done as yet. I guess nothing will be done in the future too.

0 Likes
Kneth
Explorer
Options

@Kneth wrote:

@adrian2325 wrote:

hello, has this issue been resolved because I still can't access the other workouts 

Nothing done as yet. I guess nothing will be done in the future too.

Today Samsung called and said nothing can be added to the Watch. That is the standard! So, everyone who buy a Samsung Watch must do sports ONLY what Samsung has decided to install in their watch!

Exact model is Galaxy Watch 42mm eSim - SM-R815FZDATHL

Seems we all have got caught to an expensive piece of rubbish!

rugby49
Explorer
Options

Can just about guarantee their new one coming out soon will be the same.  Beautiful watch crippled by software.

Kneth
Explorer
Options

@rugby49 wrote:

Can just about guarantee their new one coming out soon will be the same.  Beautiful watch crippled by software.

Dont even dream of buying Samsung Watches, ever!

Absolute waste of money. Customer service is unbelievably horrible for ALL Samsung products.

MoustafaMoez
First Poster
Options

Did you find any solution for this as i'm also facing the same 

0 Likes