Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workout in Samsung Health on phone, but can't find on Galaxy Watch?

(Topic created on: 10-06-2020 03:37 PM)
formergr
Apprentice
Options

Hi all-

When I open the Samsung Health app on my phone, I can select rowing (outdoors) as a workout. If I go into that exercise (still on phone app), it even shows my Galaxy Watch (42mm) as an accessory that is connected.

But when I try to select that activity as a workout directly on my watch (so that I don't need to have my phone with me on the water), it doesn't show up. Just about every other exercise that appears in the phone Samsung Health app can be accessed on my watch, but not that one. (I do have Rowing Machine, but that has no GPS functions for obvious reasons, so isn't useful to me). 

Anyone know if I'm doing something wrong, or if just that activity is not a feature on the watch for whatever reason?

171 REPLIES 171
JustBals
First Poster
Options

Samsung clearly doesn't care to fix this issue. However I will throw my hat in the ring, try to make this as clear as possible.

Please make the workouts that are available on the Samsung Health App ALSO available on the watch. 

0 Likes
MarcelleSales
Student
Options

Adding voice to this... it is so frustrating... apparently i'll have to dance with my cell phone in my pocket to track the activity ... Please, make the experience full!!!

Shadowjack
Student
Options

This makes no sense. Just bought an Active 2 assuming it will have Jump Rope since every other weareable brand has it. Thinking about returning it back to the store now. 

0 Likes
rugby49
Explorer
Options

Send it back. They have not done anything with this for 4 years. Makes no sense. Would probably guarantee the new watch will not have it either. If it is an exercise listed in S Health you should be able to add it to watch. 

0 Likes
Shadowjack
Student
Options

So no news about some future update that will fix this? 4 years is ridiculous.

FabsConti
Apprentice
Options

This is ridiculous!!! I dance. That's my exercise. Why can't it sync with health app????? It makes no sense. I'm really considering moving to apple. Seriously,  it's ridiculous. 

gncdias
Student
Options

Seriously considering moving back to Apple too. It's so annoying not to have the sports listed on the watch. 

0 Likes
SeekerCrimson
First Poster
Options

Its been a year now. Can we get a correct solution for this issue? This issue is not resolved as claimed by Andrew.

Jirka9
First Poster
Options

Samsung guys... please, at lease give us the option to edit workout type in samsung health app for activities using GPS tracking (now it can only be done for "other workout" without gps). This issue makes absolutely no sense to me, upseting so many people for no apparent reason - such a minor update would fix this frustration. Its been years. 

luismad
Apprentice
Options

I put mu voice too. Martial Arts and Jumping Rope please!