Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workout in Samsung Health on phone, but can't find on Galaxy Watch?

(Topic created on: 05-05-2020 11:56 AM)
formergr
Apprentice
Options

Hi all-

When I open the Samsung Health app on my phone, I can select rowing (outdoors) as a workout. If I go into that exercise (still on phone app), it even shows my Galaxy Watch (42mm) as an accessory that is connected.

But when I try to select that activity as a workout directly on my watch (so that I don't need to have my phone with me on the water), it doesn't show up. Just about every other exercise that appears in the phone Samsung Health app can be accessed on my watch, but not that one. (I do have Rowing Machine, but that has no GPS functions for obvious reasons, so isn't useful to me). 

Anyone know if I'm doing something wrong, or if just that activity is not a feature on the watch for whatever reason?

171 REPLIES 171
rlm
Journeyman
Options

Adding my voice to this very obvious request. I nearly said 'feature request' but it is actually a bug as far as I am concerned.

The most important functionality to add is a consistent list of activities between the phone and watch.

Secondly, there are other activities that we'd like  added to the list - in my case it's tai chi.

Please Samsung, at least get the first sorted asap.

0 Likes
Eben-
Student
Options

Still no solution nearly a year later...

0 Likes
rugby49
Explorer
Options

I hate to say this but this has been going on since Samsung came out with wareables.  I had original GearFit and last year bought the Galaxy Watch.  They are the only company that I am aware of that does not allow adding exercises from phone to watch.  Makes absolutely no sense at this point in the wearable market.  Truly unfortunate because they have nice wearables.  The unfortunate part is that no reviews that I have read mentioned this.  The only way you discover it is after purchase.  I just do not see them changing in the near future as long as people keep buying them and reviewers do not mention the fact that you cannont change or add any exerecises to the watch.

diaabo
Apprentice
Options

It is pretty sad that they don't do anything software wise. Software looks it is 10 years old, and probably is, I always remember it this way. No new features are added, they do not listen to clients, it seems stuck in time even if the hardware is ok. Was not expecting this from samsung

0 Likes
marianaacosta
First Poster
Options

This is ridiculous. Why isn't this solved??? Please let there be syn between workouts in phone + galaxy active 

0 Likes
Hohe09
Pathfinder
Options

It is a pity that even after so many reactions here on the forum, there is no statement from Samsung as to whether or when any adjustments could be made.

GW4 ; mob. Xiaomi Poco X3
FlorieJoy
Samsung Helper
Options

Completely agree, will pass on to Samsung, again!

lembisam
First Poster
Options

I join to this request. This was the reason to get a galaxy watch to sync with S health. And now it seems it is useless...

BAD3
First Poster
Options

Want to chime in that I want Aerobics and Dancing added to watch. This should be totally customizable. Please add to ticket.

Tita12
First Poster
Options

Same here. Can't find Inline skating in galaxy watch only in phone. Wast of money

0 Likes