Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workout in Samsung Health on phone, but can't find on Galaxy Watch?

(Topic created on: 08-04-2020 12:26 AM)
formergr
Apprentice
Options

Hi all-

When I open the Samsung Health app on my phone, I can select rowing (outdoors) as a workout. If I go into that exercise (still on phone app), it even shows my Galaxy Watch (42mm) as an accessory that is connected.

But when I try to select that activity as a workout directly on my watch (so that I don't need to have my phone with me on the water), it doesn't show up. Just about every other exercise that appears in the phone Samsung Health app can be accessed on my watch, but not that one. (I do have Rowing Machine, but that has no GPS functions for obvious reasons, so isn't useful to me). 

Anyone know if I'm doing something wrong, or if just that activity is not a feature on the watch for whatever reason?

171 REPLIES 171
DebbieC
Student
Options

This problem is not 'solved.' I got my watch 3 weeks ago and I love it except for the fact that I can't add cross country skiing, Nordic Track/ski machine or even a custom workout. That is a serious flaw and will keep me from recommending it to friends. Very disappointed that I can't add my most-often workout.

Hohe09
Pathfinder
Options

My be stupid question, is some difference between sport aktivity whitch Is directly defined in watch and the possibility to start 'other sport' and after this in the phone app add the right sport after??

GW4 ; mob. Xiaomi Poco X3
0 Likes
AshleyCochrane
Student
Options
If you select "other workout" on your watch and then go for a cross country ski, it won't track your distance, pace, elevation etc.. it will only track heart rate. I've also tried selecting "run" from my watch since it tracks the same data, but it won't let you edit a "run" to any other workout.
Hohe09
Pathfinder
Options

@AshleyCochrane 

You are right, I think only about heart rate and time. No other function. Sorry.

By my racket sports I don't expect any other function.

GW4 ; mob. Xiaomi Poco X3
0 Likes
Tangster
Student
Options

I want to track basketball on my watch too

SharonLo
First Poster
Options

Same with volleyball, beach volleyball and tennis!

0 Likes
kennedy1
Student
Options

Just wondering when this will be resolved? I am wondering why there are options for workouts on the app but not on the fitness watch?? I would like to add boxing and dancing but not an option on the watch. pretty irittating as these are things I do weekly. It's almost as if it's no point to the watch if I can't track my main fitness things on it. 

Tangster
Student
Options
yes, same here as well. to include boxing and dancing as an option please!
cbrown4041
First Poster
Options

Still not fixed. Not sure there will ever be a resolution.

Thaishadow
First Poster
Options

I absolutely agree. I would like boxing to be added. It seems ridiculous that you can select this on the phone app but not the watch

Why has this not been fixed yet?