Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workout in Samsung Health on phone, but can't find on Galaxy Watch?

(Topic created on: 21-02-2020 11:32 AM)
formergr
Apprentice
Options

Hi all-

When I open the Samsung Health app on my phone, I can select rowing (outdoors) as a workout. If I go into that exercise (still on phone app), it even shows my Galaxy Watch (42mm) as an accessory that is connected.

But when I try to select that activity as a workout directly on my watch (so that I don't need to have my phone with me on the water), it doesn't show up. Just about every other exercise that appears in the phone Samsung Health app can be accessed on my watch, but not that one. (I do have Rowing Machine, but that has no GPS functions for obvious reasons, so isn't useful to me). 

Anyone know if I'm doing something wrong, or if just that activity is not a feature on the watch for whatever reason?

171 REPLIES 171
m_j_st
Student
Options

I'd like to see "cross-country skiing" on my galaxy watch as well.

VLunar
First Poster
Options

Hi, I would also like to nominate Golf as an activity that exists in the phone health app but cannot be found on the Samsung Galaxy Watch. In general there should be consistency on the activities defined in the phone and watch.

Thanks

DebbieC
Student
Options

I just got a Galaxy Watch Active2 and am disappointed to see that it doesn't have cross country skiiing or ski machine as a a workout option. Why can't I add a custom workout? Will have to use my Garmin for skiing, I guess. That's frustrating.

Loulou38
Student
Options

So frustrating that this STILL isnt fixed, and has obviously been flagged as an issue a long time ago! I do an hour swim and 45 minute aqua aerobics straight after and as the only workout on the watch that water locks is swimming, it throws my lap count into the hundreds! It's so silly that we cant select any extra workouts that at on samsung health, yet the watch is meant to be fully synced 🤷‍♀️

Andrew-Buckley
Student
Options

I think you can water lock any workout.  Start the workout and then pull down right from the top and select the water option.  Hope this works for you, as it does for me  

LanaD
First Poster
Options

I'd love if boxing was listed!!!! I don't have my phone on me and id like to track my calories

Jean_T
First Poster
Options

I swim in swim spa. In also want to do water aerobics. The later does appear on phone app but not on the watch as a  previous user stated so in add my vote for that one moving to the watch but also please consider adding swim spa swimming, counting strokes. The swim pool app does count strokes accurately but does not calculate for the spa.

While I am asking, when you finish "other workout" since no water aerobics, when you select another workout, it doesn't let you choose swimming, instead automatically goes to running and you have to stop it and go find swimming in pool since spa not available. These three changes would help a lot!

AshleyCochrane
Student
Options

Yes, agreed! I've had to switch to map my run instead when I would prefer to use Samsung health. 

0 Likes
rugby49
Explorer
Options

Figured I would resurrect this again.  Problem goes back to the beginning of S Health, 3 or 4 years ago, and should be a basic feature.  Still do not underestand why this is marked solved when it isn't.  I should be able to add any exercise from S Health on the phone to the watch, ie skiing, rowing, crossfit or whatever.  Why will you not allow us this basic feature Samsung? You are seriously crippling a great smartwatch.

bade18
Journeyman
Options
I agree 100% on what rugby49 mentioned. I feel so angry with the people from tizen. I paid 419 euro for the lte version .I gave it to my son...I will buy an apple watch...what else ?