Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Original topic:

Workout in Samsung Health on phone, but can't find on Galaxy Watch?

(Topic created on: 23/01/20 22:00)
formergr
Just Browsing
Options
Wearables

Hi all-

When I open the Samsung Health app on my phone, I can select rowing (outdoors) as a workout. If I go into that exercise (still on phone app), it even shows my Galaxy Watch (42mm) as an accessory that is connected.

But when I try to select that activity as a workout directly on my watch (so that I don't need to have my phone with me on the water), it doesn't show up. Just about every other exercise that appears in the phone Samsung Health app can be accessed on my watch, but not that one. (I do have Rowing Machine, but that has no GPS functions for obvious reasons, so isn't useful to me). 

Anyone know if I'm doing something wrong, or if just that activity is not a feature on the watch for whatever reason?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Solution
AndrewL
Options
Wearables

I can pass this on to our R&D guys for you, as it would make sense for there to be consistency between the mobile and wearable app.

View solution in context

148 REPLIES 148
Imhotap
Observer
Options
Wearables

Also, there is no rope jumping exercise on Galaxy Watch and Gear s3, but there is on my Note 9 Samsung Health app.

Please add this feature too!

XxLeannexX
First Poster
Options
Wearables

I would also like to agree with all the above posts I've had my watch for 2 days (active 2) and I bought it thinking I would be able to track everything on the SH app on the watch ...... I can't 

Fiandra
First Poster
Options
Wearables

I'd like this fixed as well! Snowshoeing Skiing. Everything should match? It doesn't make sense!

IgorR
Apprentice
Options
Wearables

I have one question for forum modelator. Can you send us what was doing your R&D guys for us from 25.6.2019. until today to make a better Samsung watch for all our question that we ask? Or better question until when we will wait for something to change.  Isn't normal that a smartphone who we carry in our pocket can track more sports than a watch on a hand? Please give me a quick answer before throwing the clock in the trash.

bade18
Apprentice
Options
Wearables

Hello, the jumping rope workout is available on the s health app on the phone but not available in the list of workouts on the samsung galaxy watch active 2. Please add it..

IgorR
Apprentice
Options
Wearables
They dont wont to add you can add your WA2 into the trash like me.
bade18
Apprentice
Options
Wearables

so sad... i was so happy when i bought it and now i want to sell it.. i will go back to apple watch..

SharonLo
Options
Wearables

Same with volleyball, beach volleyball and tennis!

0 Likes
ChrisKron
Options
Wearables
Please update for cross country skiing as well, as it also shows up on phone but not on watch
Hohe09
Pathfinder
Options
Wearables

Aha, tak koukám, že stejný problém se rády resi už dlouho. Skoda, že bez odezvy.

Taky.bych rád viděl všechny možnosti výběru sportu z telefonu  v hodinkach.

Přesně jak píšete, napr. me trápí raketové sporty,...určitě nebudu hrát tenis s mobilem, ale zde paradoxně je ale v hodinkách ne.😓 Smutne, kdo takto uvažuje.

GWA2 + mob. Nubia Z17mini
0 Likes
m_j_st
First Poster
Options
Wearables

I'd like to see "cross-country skiing" on my galaxy watch as well.

DebbieC
First Poster
Options
Wearables

I just got a Galaxy Watch Active2 and am disappointed to see that it doesn't have cross country skiiing or ski machine as a a workout option. Why can't I add a custom workout? Will have to use my Garmin for skiing, I guess. That's frustrating.

Loulou38
First Poster
Options
Wearables

So frustrating that this STILL isnt fixed, and has obviously been flagged as an issue a long time ago! I do an hour swim and 45 minute aqua aerobics straight after and as the only workout on the watch that water locks is swimming, it throws my lap count into the hundreds! It's so silly that we cant select any extra workouts that at on samsung health, yet the watch is meant to be fully synced 🤷‍♀️

Andrew-Buckley
First Poster
Options
Wearables

I think you can water lock any workout.  Start the workout and then pull down right from the top and select the water option.  Hope this works for you, as it does for me  

Tangster
First Poster
Options
Wearables

I want to track basketball on my watch too

AshleyCochrane
First Poster
Options
Wearables

Yes, agreed! I've had to switch to map my run instead when I would prefer to use Samsung health. 

0 Likes
rugby49
Explorer
Options
Wearables

Figured I would resurrect this again.  Problem goes back to the beginning of S Health, 3 or 4 years ago, and should be a basic feature.  Still do not underestand why this is marked solved when it isn't.  I should be able to add any exercise from S Health on the phone to the watch, ie skiing, rowing, crossfit or whatever.  Why will you not allow us this basic feature Samsung? You are seriously crippling a great smartwatch.

bade18
Apprentice
Options
Wearables
I agree 100% on what rugby49 mentioned. I feel so angry with the people from tizen. I paid 419 euro for the lte version .I gave it to my son...I will buy an apple watch...what else ?
kennedy1
First Poster
Options
Wearables

Just wondering when this will be resolved? I am wondering why there are options for workouts on the app but not on the fitness watch?? I would like to add boxing and dancing but not an option on the watch. pretty irittating as these are things I do weekly. It's almost as if it's no point to the watch if I can't track my main fitness things on it. 

Tangster
First Poster
Options
Wearables
yes, same here as well. to include boxing and dancing as an option please!
cbrown4041
Options
Wearables

Still not fixed. Not sure there will ever be a resolution.