Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless Charger Duo wont charge Galaxy Watch

(Topic created on: 09-03-2021 05:19 PM)
sebsal123
Explorer
Options

I just received the wireless charge duo pad. The phone charges fine but i have a problem with the watch. It will start to charge and then it almost instantly thinks i've picked up the watch and it stop charging. The pad then has a flashing red light.

The fact it starts charging means i think i've placed it properly on the pad, but for some reason it quickly switches from showing the battery percentage to showing the smiley face when you normally remove the watch from charging.

Is there something i need to change in the watch settings?

31 REPLIES 31
Blind_Marv
Pathfinder
Options
can't help with the duo, but the triple charging pad will only charge Galaxy Watch3 and not the older plain Galaxy Watch.
Hope this helps.
0 Likes
sebsal123
Explorer
Options
the duo is supposed to work with the galaxy watch, it just doesn't. waste of 50 quid
Annie989
Voyager
Options
U have to keep juggling it about until the red light stays on & if its being a pain I unplug it
Did u clean the back of the watch sometimes that's the issue too
0 Likes
sebsal123
Explorer
Options
it just doesn't work. I find the point where it gets a solid ref light, it charges for 1 second, and then I get the smiley face for when you remove it from the charger, and the red light starts flashing
TNJGB
Navigator
Options

Make sure you are using the charger/adapter and cable supplied with the wireless base as the bases will not work with all Samsung chargers and cable combinations . I have several different Samsung wireless bases, most seem to use the QC charge protocol doing the self test at 5 V then switching to 9V but one (older duo) will only start with Samsung AFC protocol then switches to QC2 at 12V after the self test. One behaves differently if the USB-C cable is plugged in the other way. The Watch 3 will charge on both my duo and trio on the watch pad spot. On my duo, my buds will charge on the watch spot and the phone spot but on the trio only on the phone spot.

0 Likes
sebsal123
Explorer
Options
I'm using what was in the box new. must be faulty
psycmeistr
First Poster
Options

I'm having the exact same issue. I purchased the pad because of the claim that it will charge your phone (Galaxy s21 Ultra) AND your Samsung watch.  It charges the phone perfectly; my Samsung watch? Not so much.  

This would have been good to know prior to purchasing. 

DeepBlue23
Navigator
Options

Just stumbled over the same issue - the original Galaxy Watch is NOT on the compatibly list. Only Watch 3 / Active2 / Active.

/Edit: As long we are talking about EP-P4300. EP-P5200 supports the original galaxy watch.

0 Likes
Xa4r
Student
Options

I have the exact same problem. Still no sullution?