Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will a Samsung Watch Active purchased in the US work in the UK?

(Topic created on: 28-02-2019 03:51 PM)
xIndiaa
First Poster
Options

I am struggling to find the green samsung watch active in the UK and in the US it is also a little cheaper. If I was to buy one in the US would I be able to use it as normal in the UK would there be any issues with any features or charging etc? 

Thanks! 

5 REPLIES 5
AndrewL
Options
@xIndiaa: Samsung devices have varying software from region to region for compatibility purposes therefore you may experience issues with services in this region such as Google Play when using a US device. Similarly the warranty is also regional therefore you would not be able to utilise any warranty services in the UK. The available colours for preorders in the UK are currently black, silver and rose gold. https://shop.samsung.com/uk/Telecom/Mobile-Phone/Galaxy-Watch-Active/p/SM-R500NZKABTU.
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
@Funky1211: Samsung has a regional warranty policy, so devices purchased in the US have a warranty valid in that region only, as well as differing software and hardware to the UK/EU models.
0 Likes
Normsky44
First Poster
Options

So, if that is the case, I should be fine getting an Active2 from Germany with manufacturers warranty at half the price, and it still be covered, but more importantly function OK in the UK?

0 Likes
JRJ1
First Poster
Options
Absolutely
0 Likes
Members_eBwTMRg
First Poster
Options

Looking to buy samsung 4 classic and noticed its half the price in Turkey compared to UK. On holiday here just now would watch work fine in UK if I was to purchase one here in Turkey 

0 Likes