Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why do samsung allow cheating on samsunghealth challenges

(Topic created on: 17-06-2018 04:30 PM)
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

trying to understand why Samsung provide a service like global step challenge and then allow cheats to dominate the board every month.. it's not rocket science that if someone dies 200000 steps a day they are cheating or if on average they have done 2 steps a second , every second eithout sleep since the challenge opened they are cheating. why don't Samsung care about this and stop it ? it puts a lot of people off using the service

304 REPLIES 304
axel_cleris
Student
Options

Same for me, this is nonsense and very demotivational. How can an average daily steps be 99997? This means 1,15 step per second non stop and a whole dayScreenshot_20180613-160046_Samsung Health.jpg

Screenshot_20180613-160059_Samsung Health.jpg

PauliBear
Student
Options

Hahahaha you should just laugh at these fools and continue to do whatever exercise you can. it is about being better than you were yesterday  - so don't compare to others. Especially when others are simply cheating themselves. 

axel_cleris
Student
Options
You're right haha. Just continue to move
David4000
Journeyman
Options
I have to agree when i see the bull ***** my self ..i do up to 6k to 10k on a good day and to see the lazy cheats getting away with it make you think why is Samsung allowing cheats to get away with it.
Vulcanthunder
Journeyman
Options

It's interesting the the current leader "Mehmet Turkeyy" a few months ago was an ugly guy but all of a sudden he changed into a beautiful young woman!  I guess he feels that people won't get as mad if they think he is female and not a fat, ugly guy!  

Tony185
Apprentice
Options
Ooh it's incredibly annoying. But that's it. A minor annoyance. People cheat in life. Unfortunately they often get away with it!
If the majority keep it totally real then it's all about context; and that's where we win.
0 Likes
Erichtx
Explorer
Options
Does anyone know if Samsung has a social media account where we can post our concerns about these "fake steppers". Its rather annoying. I just continue to push myself through each challenge to try and beat the previous month. Would be nice of they showed the average steps per day as a rolling number.
Kelvin-273
Student
Options

I kept reporting last month's leaders profile. While you can only repot them for inappropriate profile or picture I did it anyway.

Now that profile has disappeared and he now longer shows as the winner!

This month I'm going to pick the top 5 and report them daily.

Erichtx
Explorer
Options

That's a great idea! They could create and allow people to join groups. Set a max number allowed for each group and close it. Another option is to allow members to "friend" other users and create our own groups. When the challenge is over, all groups are terminated or allowed the option to remain in the group.  I would like to have consistency in my group to allow for a bond of sorts.  People could vote out those who are cheating (majority vote)

Erichtx
Explorer
Options
Great idea. Keep reporting all leaders until their profiles disappear. That's going to be part of my daily routine! Everyone else should do the same. I'll keep you posted